• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ drivers window auto down doesn't work

89XJClay

NAXJA Forum User
I just want to run this by the group. I'm pretty sure it's the switch since there isn't a BCM in the XJs, but....

01 XJ, drivers window 'auto down' function doesn't work.

all windows work with no issues and I'm pretty sure the function to make the auto down is all in the switch itself, so does it make sense that the switch is bad?

If that's the case I see there is a new switch available from Master Power - are these any good or should I find a good OEM / used one?

thanks,
Clay

Didn't know later ones came with auto down. I put in an aftermarket module to make my 95 auto down-auto up. Holding the switch the entire time got old a couple hundred times a day.

Don't think I ever heard this one before but there is an auto down in an '01 cause my '00 does too.
I would also assume the switch but....
Google windows only work from driver's control in an XJ Jeep.
This is window lock button issue but in the video the guy resolders the switch.
Maybe this will solve this problem too.

Don't think I ever heard this one before but there is an auto down in an '01 cause my '00 does too.
I would also assume the switch but....
Google windows only work from driver's control in an XJ Jeep.
This is window lock button issue but in the video the guy resolders the switch.
Maybe this will solve this problem too.

funny thing..... I've never tried the other window switches but none of the work from their respective doors, so odds arer my window lock button is bad as well, or who knows maybe it's related.

thanks everyone!!

Didn't know later ones came with auto down. I put in an aftermarket module to make my 95 auto down-auto up. Holding the switch the entire time got old a couple hundred times a day.

Didn't know there was such a thing to add that feature to the older models - is it something that's available?

89XJClay,

You'll also want to inspect the wiring harness that goes from the vehicle to the driver's door. Almost all of the window and door controls route through that wiring harness and the wires become brittle and break over the years.

Back