• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post up your carnage!

So....it seems I'm the proud new owner of a two piece carrier for the D30, complete with 0 wheel drive Aussie locker.

DSCF0888.jpg

Should have bought a Full Detroit Locker...:doh:

Sorry for your loss...

well time for a super 30?

I now know what kind not to buy, thank you john..
Let me point out that this failure had nothing to do with the Aussie locker. It was solely due to the failure of the carrier. So, this brings the question....anybody know of a stronger than stock carrier? Anybody got a detroit laying around they would be willing to part with?

Let me point out that this failure had nothing to do with the Aussie locker. It was solely due to the failure of the carrier. So, this brings the question....anybody know of a stronger than stock carrier? Anybody got a detroit laying around they would be willing to part with?

Yukon Used to offer a stronger carrier for the D30 IF I remember correctly?

Yukon Used to offer a stronger carrier for the D30 IF I remember correctly?
Yeah, I found a place with a Yukon and I asked the vendor if they are stronger and did not get a response yet (I e-mailed after business hours) but I think I will put in another stock carrier for now as I need the Jeep this coming weekend and I found one sorta local. Thanks though.

Yeah, I found a place with a Yukon and I asked the vendor if they are stronger and did not get a response yet (I e-mailed after business hours) but I think I will put in another stock carrier for now as I need the Jeep this coming weekend and I found one sorta local. Thanks though.

Send the carrier to Dean at Performance Cryogenics and have it cryo treated, that will make it stronger. Dean was in JV at the event with us all weekend. He cryo'd the 5.13 gears that I just installed.

parker man, looks like the 'ol cher-o-kee was doing some work. i was thinking about heading now, i'm kinda glad i didn't hah!

Ya gotta account for driving style. Parker is cool and all that, but he didn't care much if he bashed in his body panels. Others on the same trail, who cared about damage, had no body damage at all. Body damage is possible, but by no means mandatory.

I only got some minor scrapes on the body. My rear quarter where Josh got his dents on aftershock was pre-clearanced from claw last year so it didn't touch. Just on the wheel well is where I got it.

I also blew a front bilstein (figured that was gonna happen, didn't get time to extend the mount, shock was too long), video to follow later of that. Blew my gauge fuse, tore some air hose that comes off the air-box (not sure if that's important), snapped my synthetic winch line trying to pull kevin3151 back on the trail after he broke his drive-shaft and blew a side-wall within 30 seconds.

Not too bad, nothing major.

click for video...

Last edited:
silverslk said:
.M4V......Ghey ass format!!!!! haha
I see it just fine on my MacBook Pro .!.:D.!.

Those are 5125s right? I have the same in the rear, 14" travel.

http://api.ning.com/files/UNB09pyWj5Y04lgkq1pGxPwN2eFEd*San-bO9Jmr7SLOUHpolTZ2TMrSyfiRS3LNMxpRHqJgAI4Ex*BltU1w VBXH48BqKwgF/mac_gay.jpg/quote]

hahah FAIL!

Caught you... .!.:D.!.

Back