• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post up your carnage!

so i apparently punched a number of people this weekend.....

pretty typical.

sup bryce hows that dome feel?

Well your not saying something like, when your at the hardest portion/obsticle on a trail and the trail leader is parked and winching up as needed and pulls out when he sees that the last 3 rigs are very stock LOOKING and part of the 'loud and rowdy' group. and I have to hump back down and park it and man that area with my winch. Oh well I guess He alone, without the jeep did come walking back for a few. but still Imagine if that happened and if that means anything if it did :dunno:

That's weird...... Rowdy or not, "No gets left behind" is the golden rule.. Without getting into a drama episode, I would like to know why. Did anyone ask him why he left??

E

For one thing, I had walked down after leading the easy/moderate run and we drove over to watch at the top of Aftershock, so I was there helping to spot guys through. I guess Mike didn't see the last couple of rigs that were still at the bottom. I don't get the attitude, I was there and there were still others around to help get guys through.

The trail leader, Mike, is in a CJ, not even in our XJ club, he's in our Bakersfield Trailblazers club, yet volunteered to lead the run, and I was there spotting. Don't see any reason for any complaining.

For one thing, I had walked down after leading the easy/moderate run and we drove over to watch at the top of Aftershock, so I was there helping to spot guys through. I guess Mike didn't see the last couple of rigs that were still at the bottom. I don't get the attitude, I was there and there were still others around to help get guys through.

The trail leader, Mike, is in a CJ, not even in our XJ club, he's in our Bakersfield Trailblazers club, yet volunteered to lead the run, and I was there spotting. Don't see any reason for any complaining.

Understandable if it was mearly a didnt see the last few. I was still a bit tired and drunk when posting. But have to say for myself... I got nothing but good attitude from everyone, even after ripping a few hardcore helltaco morning farts at the drivers gathering...

It was just on the back of my mind since aftershock as to why.. I mean I pulled a tire off the bead as a bone head on a small rock that jumped outa the side ledge in the first 200ft or so, and the last like 5-6 rigs we all stopped and they were great to lend a hand with anything, and even a mini-jeeper to help with the small stuff. and when were were done about 15-20 min later the whole front of the pack was gone. Yesx we did catch them a few hundred feet forward, but I honestly dont think if I ever would have gotten going again that they would ever had known, or maybe even not have cared. And it should not matter if thier from anywhere. If your leading a trail and You have your people with you, does that really mean that its ok to just keeping on whether the group gets split or not? I say no.

I would also like to note again that Opie deserves praises, for basically towing someone out to the clear after in to just about the Z on aftershock. We were going to wait for him to return though, no one left behind :) but then he called back after seeing how long that would take to finish and said just keep on, he would not be returning...

Oh and I did ask the guy in the blue Rubi and I think Mike (dont know any names and dont like using em anyways) "hey what club are you in, or are you just a group of buddies"?, I was replied with, "were in NAXJA just outa bakersfield is all"...

This is what I see when I look out my mirror now.

added to the list includes a blown shock and a blown head gasket. and of course the normal skid plate usage.

First off, Goatman, thanks for a great event, first time out and i will definitly be back.

Even before the easy part into the hills before the trail head Mike (the trail lead) stoped to make sure that everybody was with us. There were a few straglers heading out of camp and they fell in behind the tail gunner, (opie it think it was). Last count i remember hearing was 18 rigs. that seems like quite a few for one trail lead to keep up with. Not to mention the unfortunate murphys law carnage at the first ledge. Lot of little unexpected breaks, like the disco shift fork and the front locker that died. IMHO i think mike did a pretty good job managing that many rigs and there were enough people around to help spot other people thru and give them a tug if neccecary. Like Robert (thank you) who cam back down the trail and helped winch the last few guys thru the Z (and provided some most excelent tuneage).

Understandable if it was mearly a didnt see the last few. I was still a bit tired and drunk when posting. But have to say for myself... I got nothing but good attitude from everyone, even after ripping a few hardcore helltaco morning farts at the drivers gathering...

It was just on the back of my mind since aftershock as to why.. I mean I pulled a tire off the bead as a bone head on a small rock that jumped outa the side ledge in the first 200ft or so, and the last like 5-6 rigs we all stopped and they were great to lend a hand with anything, and even a mini-jeeper to help with the small stuff. and when were were done about 15-20 min later the whole front of the pack was gone. Yesx we did catch them a few hundred feet forward, but I honestly dont think if I ever would have gotten going again that they would ever had known, or maybe even not have cared. And it should not matter if thier from anywhere. If your leading a trail and You have your people with you, does that really mean that its ok to just keeping on whether the group gets split or not? I say no.

I would also like to note again that Opie deserves praises, for basically towing someone out to the clear after in to just about the Z on aftershock. We were going to wait for him to return though, no one left behind :) but then he called back after seeing how long that would take to finish and said just keep on, he would not be returning...

Oh and I did ask the guy in the blue Rubi and I think Mike (dont know any names and dont like using em anyways) "hey what club are you in, or are you just a group of buddies"?, I was replied with, "were in NAXJA just outa bakersfield is all"...

I don't recall a blue rubi, but I was in the Blue 87 XJ that was the last part of the "front" group in front of the red rubi. The only reason Mike (trail leader) turned around to winch up that hard spot was for the Red rubicon that had 33's and little ground clearance and for Greg H. that did not have a winch. Most everyone else drove through the obstacle without issue, or used there own winch.

And the reason we kept getting a "gap" between the front group and the rear group was probably my fault. I broke the axle disco fork in my D30. I had to jerry rig it a couple times on the trail. I felt like I was holding the group back, so we tried to go fast when I could get my front to pull so everyone didn't have to wait on me. I apologize, I knew someone blew a bead, but I thought that would get fixed before I could repair my front disco.
It was not elitist, nor had anything to do with the value of peoples rigs. I just didn't want to be the anchor of the group. I'm sorry if that rubbed anyone the wrong way.

Jeremy

Yes we did catch them a few hundred feet forward, but I honestly dont think if I ever would have gotten going again that they would ever had known, or maybe even not have cared. And it should not matter if thier from anywhere. If your leading a trail and You have your people with you, does that really mean that its ok to just keeping on whether the group gets split or not? I say no.

Your comment in bold is speculation, and not fair. We run trails all the time, and don't consider a few hundred feet very far back, especially when someone has a rig as built as yours is. We tend to let people go at their own pace and catch up at the next big obstacle. Mike who was leading the trail has led Aftershock and other trails many times, including numerous times at the big Fun in the Desert event. He would have known that Depreciation Knob was coming up, and that you guys would have plenty of time to catch up, and could very likely wanted to start the front of the group up that obstacle. Cut the folks some slack, you guys want them to cut you some slack for your loud music.

As far as the guys in the Rubi, that's Robert and Eric. They're neither NAXJA members nor Bakersfield Trailblazer members, they're friends of mine who came on the run. They're simply considering themselves part of the NAXJA group, and they've done our annual NAXJA Swamp Lake trip many times.

You guys really need to chill.
thefinger.gif

Im telling you Parker......that thing just gets better looking after every wheeling trip!

Fun times bud!!

:D

Parker went balls out through the z-turn. I wish I would've had known he was gonna ram his front fascia into the side of the rock repetitively at full throttle. I would've had my camera on video mode.

Forgot to tell him "Hey dude, you gotta head light out" :D Get it? hehe Not burnt out, but completely out of it's socket.

I only got some minor scrapes on the body. My rear quarter where Josh got his dents on aftershock was pre-clearanced from claw last year so it didn't touch. Just on the wheel well is where I got it.

I also blew a front bilstein (figured that was gonna happen, didn't get time to extend the mount, shock was too long), video to follow later of that. Blew my gauge fuse, tore some air hose that comes off the air-box (not sure if that's important), snapped my synthetic winch line trying to pull kevin3151 back on the trail after he broke his drive-shaft and blew a side-wall within 30 seconds.

Not too bad, nothing major.

I only got some minor scrapes on the body. My rear quarter where Josh got his dents on aftershock was pre-clearanced from claw last year so it didn't touch. Just on the wheel well is where I got it.

I also blew a front bilstein (figured that was gonna happen, didn't get time to extend the mount, shock was too long), video to follow later of that. Blew my gauge fuse, tore some air hose that comes off the air-box (not sure if that's important), snapped my synthetic winch line trying to pull kevin3151 back on the trail after he broke his drive-shaft and blew a side-wall within 30 seconds.

Not too bad, nothing major.

Yea, all my damage was friday night.

Thanks to Opie for giving me his spare driveshaft.

KH

Yea, all my damage was friday night.

Thanks to Opie for giving me his spare driveshaft.

KH

You seam to do that a lot. Break "your junk" Friday night and then are crippled back at camp for the weekend. :D.

Maybe you should take it easy at the SoCalXJ Jambo March 09 in JV. You might break your ribs and your Jeep.

Goatman was spotting for me, placing rocks and refilling the PS pump. I want to thank him very much for coming to the end of a trail that he didn't run to help the rigs in the rear get through the waterfall. I thought that was pretty classy.

You seam to do that a lot. Break "your junk" Friday night and then are crippled back at camp for the weekend. :D.

Maybe you should take it easy at the SoCalXJ Jambo March 09 in JV. You might break your ribs and your Jeep.

That is how I do it now.

I think its pretty fun, and you have all day Saturday to fix it instead of in a hurry Sunday morning. Besides there are more spare parts to be found Friday night before everyone breaks on Saturday.

The ribs, I NEVER want to do that again.

KH

if you got a problem, move away till your happy.

i didnt come over to your camp complaining because it was boring and full or douchebags.

Wow!.....Statements like that will get you nowhere in life. They probably don't even deserve a reply, but you're getting one anyway.

Grow up.

I'm done with this.

Back