• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post Flop Suggestions

I thought a saw an XJ being trailered out with what looked like all the widows broken. Did you put a tarp over the windshield and seal up the rear windows? That blows! Good luck finding a 4 door 5spd.

If this wasnt your DD, I would pickup another solid cherokee with a hydrolocked engine or something and put your drivetrain in it.

It was a green trail... embarrassing I know. Pretty sure it was trail 'J'...I tried going one wheel up on a large rock for a poser shot out of boredom..oops

yeah, embarrassing. but it could happen to any of us... :wierd:

I thought a saw an XJ being trailered out with what looked like all the widows broken. Did you put a tarp over the windshield and seal up the rear windows? That blows! Good luck finding a 4 door 5spd.

If this wasnt your DD, I would pickup another solid cherokee with a hydrolocked engine or something and put your drivetrain in it.

haha yup, that was me. That tarp was SHREDDED by time I got home.

It was my DD, but I'm most likely going to be picking up a nice truck as my DD from here out. And yes, finding 5-speeds is difficult, another reason I want to hang onto the old girl. heck its even a recently rebuilt 5-speed with a recently rebuilt 4.0L

That just means you need to hang onto the drivetrain... not a problem :thumbup: swap the whole thing over.

What are you aiming for in a truck?

get a new shell

if you do choose to keep this one, why bother with an exo? the body is XXXXed anyway. I would bash it back into shape and fit an interior cage in there

haha yup, that was me. That tarp was SHREDDED by time I got home.

It was my DD, but I'm most likely going to be picking up a nice truck as my DD from here out. And yes, finding 5-speeds is difficult, another reason I want to hang onto the old girl. heck its even a recently rebuilt 5-speed with a recently rebuilt 4.0L

oh wow if it has a fresh engine and tranny, look for one with a bad one. IMO a cherokee unibody is a replaceable part on our rigs. I feel like whatever we do, the flimsy unibody will eventually fall apart or rust apart.

You may have seen me draining my burnt AW4 farther down the camping area from you, closer to the trail head, further from the office. Just bought over a hundred bucks worth of Royal Purple ATF and a tranny cooler on a recommendation from a guy there.

I had the light green cherokee with the PVC snorkle and tan front bumper.

ANYWAYS, you gonna be back anytime soon?

Thats the color I have, I love it and I feel a special bond to other gunmetal jeeps. So seeing yours roll hurt me a little on the inside.

I cried a little myself! :D

That just means you need to hang onto the drivetrain... not a problem :thumbup: swap the whole thing over.

What are you aiming for in a truck?

I am actually looking around for a decent donor...my problem is I hate rust :smsoap:

As far as a new truck that I can use to tow around a trail rig I'm thinking a Chevy Silverado 2500

oh wow if it has a fresh engine and tranny, look for one with a bad one. IMO a cherokee unibody is a replaceable part on our rigs. I feel like whatever we do, the flimsy unibody will eventually fall apart or rust apart.

You may have seen me draining my burnt AW4 farther down the camping area from you, closer to the trail head, further from the office. Just bought over a hundred bucks worth of Royal Purple ATF and a tranny cooler on a recommendation from a guy there.

I had the light green cherokee with the PVC snorkle and tan front bumper.

ANYWAYS, you gonna be back anytime soon?

I definitely saw your XJ around there, though I didn't catch the draining haha. I am still considering finding a new shell and just swapping over parts, might even look for a comanche. I want to get back on the trails, but sadly it'll probably be a while haha. I dont feel comfortable wheeling my heep in its current condition, not sure if I would be so lucky in a second flop.

If you are looking for a Comanche, apparently one of the guys in Colorado has one (rust free!) for sale for $750, it's a 4cyl/manual but you can swap that out of course... all you'd have to do is drive out and pick it up.

Back