• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POSJ's SWB Build

Re: Rear frame, SWB

I didn't take any of the install.

Dark picture of the interior...just cause.
image.jpg3_zpsmxegatvb.jpg

Exterior prior to cleaning and prepping.
image.jpg4_zps8iem9xgb.jpg

Construction is ok, but it isn't OEM and the stock seal won't fit on it.

image.jpg1_zpstxixvew6.jpg

Stupid mount flange that you drill through to mount it.
image.jpg2_zpshymoef7g.jpg

But ohh wait, they didn't put the curve in the glass to match the cab. OEM replacement my ass...
image.jpg5_zpswjwiw1c8.jpg

Not even close...but I already drilled holes in it to mount it because I waited this long to get it.
image.jpg6_zpsbmwpde3t.jpg

So this is turning into my build thread...

Got a tire carrier/30 hub from a buddy here in ND. Tried to think of another option than just bolting it to the bed. I thought about cutting out the crossmember and putting the spare under the flatbed, but the 35 wouldn't fit between the shock mounts. I decided to cut up the second hand mount and weld it to the crossmember and cut the wood around it so that its recessed into it.

20150910_184953_zpsg3jdkfjl.jpg

20150910_184941_zpshigzwmap.jpg

20150912_164825_zpsllieimqe.jpg

20150912_191417_zpssd1wa4fn.jpg

20150912_191351_zpsmqcivdyp.jpg

Just have to cut the wood out around the tire so that it will drop in and mount to the carrier. Then figure out how to strengthen the wood after cutting it.

Last edited:

I would run some cross boards to tie-in the shorter cut boards with the longer boards that have more mounting points, unless you can run a thinner board underneath the tire and above the crossmember.

Thought able doing some angle bars welded in to support the wood. I need more weight in the rear anyway...

Well got it done and I'm stoked about the outcome. Ended up just getting some flat stock and drilling some holes and threw wood screws in it.

Cut out the wood around the tire...kind of eye balled it. But it's wood and easily replaceable.
20150915_184627_zpsfohua0qi.jpg

Only had to do the cab side, the tailgate side is strong enough to stand on.
20150915_194129_zpscvcxwi0z.jpg

Flat stock with wood screws.
20150915_194138_zpsf9vaqdyb.jpg

Finished product without the tool-box and storage boxes mounted.
20150915_194703_zpsbdl97q5s.jpg

I don't think I have wanted an MJ any more than I do right now.

Back