• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE question

scottsxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered my HD PORC SYE today, and it should be here tuesday. What other things do i need to complete this install. gaskets, seals, etc.... Cause i want to have it all ready to go tuesday when it arrives, so i can out it in and be good to go. Also are there any specialized tools that i need. And is it 4 quarts of fluid that i need. Thanks for any help, also any words of wisdom to make this install a little bit easier would be much appreciated. Thanks

scott

Please search for "PORC," "tools," or "lock ring pliers."

Fluid recommendation is in the owners manual in your glove box.

HtH

What about overhauling the rest of the t-case? Considered doing that while installing the PORC?

i thought about rebuilding it using the tera 4:1 conversion kit, casue as i understand that replaces just aboiut everything else in the case. But im not in the position money wise to spend 900 bucks on that kit.

1-1/8" big socket
30mm socket
impact wrench is nice...

get started and then you'll figure out what you need real quick

either that or not be able to drive to work

seach for AA SYE install or go to www.4xshaft.com - they have the AA instructions there...

read, read, understand, begin...

I had to get a 12pt. 10mm socket for one of the transfer case bolts between the two case halves, all the other bolts are 6pt. 15mm. When reassembling I always replace this 10mm bolt with a 15mm bolt for ease of removal should it be needed. It's the top center bolt holding the two case halves together.

Check out the other PORC thread on the 1st page of this forum, it's got some good assembly info in it for a common problem encountered with the PORC kit.

HOOP said:
my paypal cleared the 21st and the fed ex man showed up today 23rd

HOOP
Grr...

09/19/2005 Pending
09/20/2005 Processing

My first order from him came to my door in 2 days. Normally I'm not this impateint, but I have to have this package now to get my jeep back on the road. I'm tired of driving around my 70' Beetle with no A/C and shitty brakes in the rain.

Back