• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PNP price for rear axle

Gary E

NAXJA Member #687
C'mon you PNP junkies I was just wondering what they get for a rearend without brakes.

And whats the price for rear shafts as well?

Brett If you don't answer this in less than an Hour I will be very disappointed :)

Around her a rear axle at pns will run $75-$100

8.8 from a fox mustang, I was going to pull it and swap in some 5 lug axles out of aerostars. I don't need the brakes. I did find a local rearend for about $100 if I went that route I would have to pull the axles and buy them seperate.

This is not for my jeep btw :)

I paid 65 dollars for the last 2 d44's i got.Of course it was half off day and the axle was complete drum to drum.The car axles are cheaper than truck axles.
I bought spare shafts for my d-turdy and the price of 2 shafts was more than i would have paid if i would have got the whole axle.

Gary E said:
8.8 from a fox mustang, I was going to pull it and swap in some 5 lug axles out of aerostars. I don't need the brakes. I did find a local rearend for about $100 if I went that route I would have to pull the axles and buy them seperate.

This is not for my jeep btw :)

You pansy....what happened to the IRS plan?

Go T-bird SC or go home.

CRASH

I never wanted the IRS too many tuning issues, The three link on the other hand is pretty simple and works awesome with no tuning (sway bars etc.) Personally I don't think FFRs should be sold with that quadrabind 4 link garbage, wheelhop at 90 mph in 4th gear is not your friend :)

Gary E said:
C'mon you PNP junkies I was just wondering what they get for a rearend without brakes.

And whats the price for rear shafts as well?

Brett If you don't answer this in less than an Hour I will be very disappointed :)

well it looks like it's been a little over an hour, i've failed you :laugh3:

i've never pulled one without the brakes or bought just rear shafts. a complete rearend comes out to just under $100 with tax, core charge, etc but no exchange policy.

I'm actually going to stop by PnP this afternoon (looking for a 6 lug Al wheel if anyone's got one) and I can get you exact prices.

Hope I'm not hijacking this too much.

I haven't been to a PNP in years and wasn't all that excited with what they had in the past, but it seems to be the place for XJ parts for cheap. Just curious if the preferred Ford Dana 44/D60's or the Explorer 8.8's are commonly available there, or are they as rare as the XJ D44?

BrettM said:
well it looks like it's been a little over an hour, i've failed you :laugh3:

i've never pulled one without the brakes or bought just rear shafts. a complete rearend comes out to just under $100 with tax, core charge, etc but no exchange policy.

I'm actually going to stop by PnP this afternoon (looking for a 6 lug Al wheel if anyone's got one) and I can get you exact prices.

While you are there, please pick up some Weld 15x8's, 6 lug, 3.25" BS. I need 5. I'll get you cash ASAP. ;)

CRASH

Gary E said:
I never wanted the IRS too many tuning issues, The three link on the other hand is pretty simple and works awesome with no tuning (sway bars etc.) Personally I don't think FFRs should be sold with that quadrabind 4 link garbage, wheelhop at 90 mph in 4th gear is not your friend :)

If you didn't have excessive HP, it wouldn't be a problem. :D

I'll trade you a Chevy v-6 for the 5.0, straight across.

That should solve all of your wheelhop issues.......

CRASH

CRASH said:
If you didn't have excessive HP, it wouldn't be a problem. :D

I'll trade you a Chevy v-6 for the 5.0, straight across.

That should solve all of your wheelhop issues.......

CRASH

Cheby motor are you kidding me, did you mistake me for somebody with a mullet? :)

Ok car rearends w/o drums are $75 out the door w/core charge and no exchange policy. Core charge was only $10 A pair of axleshafts costs the same price. So I also swapped the 4 lug axles for some 5 lug axles at the same time :)

Back