• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please read, No start, tried lots, searched

OK, I am bypassing everything going to install a push button start. A momentary bypass switch will be a cool mod anyway. Thanks to everyone for their help, I imagine that a wire is bad somewhere between the ignition and the relay. I dont have a proper relay to try so this will the easiest.

Mine had problems a while back not wanting to start either. Mine is a 89. First, I started by leaving that starter wire unhooked and would touch it to the threaded post on the starter relay there on the fender. Later, I did as you are suggesting and ran 12volts to a momentary pushbutton (get one thats meant to be a starter button, got mine at Advance Auto) in the cab and then back out to the little green wire. The only thing to watch out for with this is you can start the car in any gear and when its already started.

Good/bad news - mine appears to be a door switch in the rear passenger door that doesn't always think it's closed. Of course, this is after having to jumpstart the Jeep twice in the past week...did you know that you can't see whether the lights are on in daylight unless you crouch down next to the door, looking like some Vincent Margera molester?

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Cherokee's Rule!!!!!!!! Never a dull moment :)

Back