• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pix Thread

Sorry, should have said that. It was fun, and it was really my first time actually wheeling my Jeep. I might have had some interest in actually doing WF this year but money stopped me from having a CB and rear recovery point ready. I still might do next year depending on a few things. It is just my DD and my only vehicle so I have to be able to drive it there, wheel it and drive home with no problems and until I get a second vehicle as a back up, I won't do a lot of wheeling. Also with no protection underneath, I was really hesitant of wheeling also (no skids). The XJ did perform pretty good though and the one place I high centered I really expected it.
Granted, my XJ is not my DD, but I did drive it to and from Green Bay and wheeled both Friday and Saturday without issue. And it's not the first time I've made long distance drives to wheel and drove it home. There's been some crafty engineering to get it home a time or two, but we always make sure people get home.

Green trail is pretty good to stockers...most of the time. I wheeled it stock my first WF without issue. The best thing for green trail is a budget boost, A/Ts and one locker. You'll tackle green every day and still drive home. But of course, I'm never satisfied with tacking green and not getting better...to each their own.

Steve, good thing you had that extra motor. You need to bring the rod necklace to winterfest next year!

and coming off the creek
Jeffs1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I always liked this color. I just hated the interior color that came from the factory with that exterior color.

and coming off the creek
Jeffs1.jpg

I always liked this color. I just hated the interior color that came from the factory with that exterior color.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they still have a creek crossing? Kinda surprised about that. I have heard of several parks and forrest that had to build bridges over them.

I have STT's as well, and I loved them! They got me everywhere I needed to go and like to dig... Ask me how I know? Saturday it took me 4 attempts to get up throttle hill. First three times I'd get to the top and it was so soft the STTs dug straight down.

Road noise: they're bout par with ATs
Mud: No issue
Rock: Piece of Cake
Sand/gravel/river stone: They love to dig so it can be fun at times as often I'd have to put it in 4x4 low 1/2. Any faster and I'd lose forward momentum and start digging.

Any other questions, let me know...

Austin

That would be me. I love them so far, I had no problems at the badlands during winterfest on anything I tried. They were 3 days old with about 500 miles on them when I pulled into the campground Thursday night. The only things that I really avoided was deep mud (I hate mud bogs) and very tall rock walls (mainly because of my comfort level). Everything else I did, the tires worked great and I am very happy with them. I would recommend them.

Thanks for the info. What size's are you guys running? I ran 33's, the old STT's on my 84 before I built my current 94. Loved those tires. Cheap and very effective! I'll stop hyjacking now. :gee:

Thanks for the info. What size's are you guys running? I ran 33's, the old STT's on my 84 before I built my current 94. Loved those tires. Cheap and very effective! I'll stop hyjacking now. :gee:

31s that now have about 2500 miles on them...

Granted, my XJ is not my DD, but I did drive it to and from Green Bay and wheeled both Friday and Saturday without issue. And it's not the first time I've made long distance drives to wheel and drove it home. There's been some crafty engineering to get it home a time or two, but we always make sure people get home.

Green trail is pretty good to stockers...most of the time. I wheeled it stock my first WF without issue. The best thing for green trail is a budget boost, A/Ts and one locker. You'll tackle green every day and still drive home. But of course, I'm never satisfied with tacking green and not getting better...to each their own.
Gotta remember your limitations. Like beating on a DD, depending on it to get you back home, etc. I drove my XJ, pulling a pop-up camper, 3 times from Chicago to Moab. You just have to be prepared to face the consequences.

tore into the jeep.

this is what i found....

winterfest11021.jpg

disco "never fails to put on a show" steve
I knew when I couldn't turn it over with a breaker bar that it was bad.

Gotta remember your limitations. Like beating on a DD, depending on it to get you back home, etc. I drove my XJ, pulling a pop-up camper, 3 times from Chicago to Moab. You just have to be prepared to face the consequences.
QFT.

There are a lot of things that I wished I could have done in Tellico, but I always had to drive it back 16 hours and took bypasses.

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Sure, the group will bust your balls, but if you've got to drive it home we all understand that. We're not out to break someone's rig, and for the most part we all started out with weekend warriors, some of us just ended up a bit more warrior than we expected.

QFT.

There are a lot of things that I wished I could have done in Tellico, but I always had to drive it back 16 hours and took bypasses.

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Sure, the group will bust your balls, but if you've got to drive it home we all understand that. We're not out to break someone's rig, and for the most part we all started out with weekend warriors, some of us just ended up a bit more warrior than we expected.

Yup, you do get your balls busted for that! :D Considering I pulled a camper up, I think I wheeled the bag off ole Betsy last weekend.

and coming off the creek
Jeffs1.jpg

I always liked this color. I just hated the interior color that came from the factory with that exterior color.[/QUOTE]

This color?
P1010429.jpg

I always liked this color. I just hated the interior color that came from the factory with that exterior color.

Wow, they still have a creek crossing? Kinda surprised about that. I have heard of several parks and forrest that had to build bridges over them.[/QUOTE]

That is crazy, are you serious? If so, that is half the fun I had when I was there was running the creek.

That is crazy, are you serious? If so, that is half the fun I had when I was there was running the creek.

It's not crazy on public lands. There were numerous bridges built in Tellico for that reason, and creek crossings get trails shut down because of the potential for fluids in the water.

The big difference here is that the Badlands is private land, and it's in an area that loves 4 wheelers, because we bring tons of cash into the town.

Attica is very friendly towards the badlands and their customers.

Everything in the public domain has been under attack for a long time, and creek crosings are just one of the eco-terrorist tools to shut us out of public lands.

It's not crazy on public lands. There were numerous bridges built in Tellico for that reason, and creek crossings get trails shut down because of the potential for fluids in the water.

The big difference here is that the Badlands is private land, and it's in an area that loves 4 wheelers, because we bring tons of cash into the town.

Attica is very friendly towards the badlands and their customers.

Everything in the public domain has been under attack for a long time, and creek crosings are just one of the eco-terrorist tools to shut us out of public lands.

The creek is one of my favorite parts of the park. and, the quarry . everything else, meh.

BOB

Is what you are talking about where they put cables across to stop trees?

you guys no doubt saw the new "dam" on the creek right?

That is the reason, to limit run-off of dirt into the area outside of the park.

Rev

I know that corner was real sandy and everyone sunk there.

I didn't know it was a man made dam.

Damn!! :D

BOB

If you went to far toward the dam...it was like quick sand...when you are talking to wheeler on the cb and not paying attention...

I knew that dam was there, its been there for a while...probably nearly a year...

about 20 feet up stream from the damn...
DSCF0104.jpg

mac 'ended up taking two winches to get it out' gyvr

Back