• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pin holes for RE 3.5" springs

There are two fitment issues. One is the diameter of the pin. The other is the depth. Removing the spacer would solve the depth problem but won't help if the pin diameter is too large. Still need to grind or drill.

Even with removing the spacer the pin sat to deep on my D35 and had to be ground so as not to hit the axle housing.
On my 8.25 the depth was fine without the spacer but the hole in the perch still had to be opened up

The RE lift instructions state they use a 3/8 inch center pin in the rear leafs, but because it is a stronger pin, it may be larger than the hole in the holder on the axle.

Sure enough, it is.

What do I use to enlarge the hole? I grabbed a 3/8th drill bit, but it is much tinier than the hole.

I did a search on this issue and the only thing I found was a thread with a suggestion to replace the pin in the new leaf pack to fit the existing hole.

Ideas?

Did you find the drill size you needed ?

The center pin in the springs is really easy to take out. I had to take the spring pack apart since i needed to remove the spacer that was there. (with the spacer in, the center pin hit the axle tube). The spacer is there incase you decide to use shims. The hole in the shims needed to be enlarged as well so i opted not to use them. I used the center pin as a guild when i took my dremel and enlarged the hole on the spring perch to fit the larger diameter center pin. Rather quick process and only added about 10mins to the install. The RE spring packs are nice and flexy so putting the center pin back in the spring pack was a piece of cake. Hardest part was lining up all the holes in the leafs.

Back