• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures of slade trip.

bigjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
The only reason I am asking here is because the midwest chapter went down.

We are going down this weekend and a buddy wants to see what he is in for. I can't find anything because the forum only goes back one month in the picture section and the chapter sections

Thanks Macgyver

thats down near the Red River gorge right? My buddies Climb down there a few times a year i just wanna go to wheel my Jeep! :D

Nick- that jeep of yours sure gets around. No wonder why you are doing a motor swap! :D

Spring trip sounds good..

Yeah thats the area Flex..The town of Stanton was about 6-7miles away.

I'am trying to get everything done on the rig before winterfest. Planning on doing twice the wheeling in 2009.

Nick

yeah hopefully i can get sliders before WF! If not, I'm just gonna come up one day and ride along with you guys!

Maybe I missed something. This cave does not appear to be on the trail?

Interesting area. State Park? Off-Road Park?

Ren could answer your questions better he knows this place like his back yard. I believe the name of the cave is Townsend cave .. It's on a main trail ..I don't remember the trail name.

The land you wheel on is state owned.

Nick

The trip absolutely sucked. I have been there before and know how to get everywhere(just about) if you turn left off of the highway and then left again. You would follow that road for a while and then turn on a back road to take you to the entrance to the trails.

The idiots we were with made us drive with no doors on(there was six inches of snow on the ground) for ten miles to 1036 to some trails. Well they didn't know where the trail they were looking for was. We drove around for hours looking for the trail. Supposedly they came to the top of carb. I didn't want to be at the top of carb. Going down is no fun!

Needless to say I want to go back down but I will wait until spring.

Haha....i've seen pics and vids of carb hill when wet, sucks big time. I've been up it dry, still a little scary. Had the XJ on three wheels. Fun place to wheel when it's dry, miserable when wet. We've got some pics and video if anyone is interested...i'll post.

Sure post em up.

Brian and I went up and down it in the rain. Coming down wasn't as bad as I expected. Dirk Pitt has some good photos I believe.

Haha....i've seen pics and vids of carb hill when wet, sucks big time. I've been up it dry, still a little scary. Had the XJ on three wheels. Fun place to wheel when it's dry, miserable when wet. We've got some pics and video if anyone is interested...i'll post.

Heck Yeah I'am always game for pics. and vids.

The vid. of Tom (comanchedude) climbing carb hill. Yeah it was wet and raining at the time.
He climbed it, it just took a while..

I never tried. It was way to wet for me...

It's on my list to climb this spring.

Nick

That's actually Redbird State Park. I don't think he heard us yell at him when his shaft broke....he paid the price for it. Broke his bellhousing apart when he hit the rock w/ his front shaft.

oh i see, resembles the field in livingston alot, im still pretty bitter about them giving us the boot from there, thats where i learned how to wheel, and learned how to ride atvs

Back