• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics from URE trip

Lee 94XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Had an awesome time. Nevermind that my alternator died in Ducktown, TN on the way out! Thankfully I was right across the street from a Jeep dealership. They had me in and out in just 1.5 hours. I made it back to Chattanooga last night in just under 7 hours. However, I went out this morning and found a nice pool of oil under the Jeep. :cry: It never ends!

It was great to see everybody and meet a few new folks. Thanks Mark for putting the trip together. It was a blast!

Click here for the pics.

that thing is going to $.05 & $.10 you to death. keep us posted as what is leaking. also the posed pix of the fence came back and haunted me when Kinsey drove thru the fence and hit a tree.

Last edited:
Pics were great! I had an excellent time. Lee, the next time you want to come to URE you can stay at my house and not make the long ass drive home.
Great to see you and thanks for the pics!
Chill,
Ron S

Good pics, I'll have to try and catch up with you guys some time. I was there with a group of guys from SORA. You might have seen me near Dickey Bell when they cut down that tree. In that red XJ. Once I start my job next week I might have to consider going to the red.

Great pictures Lee! Good to see you again and hope you had a good time! It's good to see someone willing to go the distance for a ride!

2offroad said:
that thing is going to $.05 & $.10 you to death. keep us posted as what is leaking. also the posed pix of the fence came back and haunted me when Kinsey drove thru the fence and hit a tree.

Tell me about it! In the past couple of months or so I've replaced the starter, fuel pump and filter, p/s pump, ignition coil, cps (again!), axle seals, pinion bearings and seals, o2 sensor, headlights, alternator, and battery. Plus last week we spent about a grand for new brakes and tires for my wifes car.

But to keep it in perspective, the XJ is 10 years old and has 146K miles. And the best part is that it's paid off! The rear main has been leaking for awhile, but now I think there's a leak coming from the front somewhere. If I can get time this Saturday I might try to replace the rear main and the valve cover gasket myself. I think once I get the oil leaks patched she'll be good to go for awhile. Despite all the recent little things I love my XJ and I'll drive it 'til the unibody breaks in two, even if I end up replacing every other part on it (including engine and drivetrain) along the way. Then I'll get another one and start again!

BTW..Go Kinsey! Man, I hate I missed that!

Ron S said:
Pics were great! I had an excellent time. Lee, the next time you want to come to URE you can stay at my house and not make the long ass drive home.
Great to see you and thanks for the pics!
Chill,
Ron S

Thanks Ron, that'd be cool, especially since Charlotte is my old stompin' grounds. The same goes to you if you're ever out this way.

Ghost said:
Great pictures Lee! Good to see you again and hope you had a good time! It's good to see someone willing to go the distance for a ride!

Thanks Glen. I wish I'd gotten more action shots. Seems most of my shots are of us parked between obstacles. That's the problem when it's just me driving and taking pics. I hope your buddy is gonna post his, I think he got a lot more action shots than I did!

It was good to see ya again. Let me know if you end up coming out this way.

Lee 94XJ said:
BTW..Go Kinsey! Man, I hate I missed that!
I wished she did too, the Grill guard is smashed real good, I'll have too cut the light plate off and remake it. The good part is the fence is some I put up, so I get to put it back up.

Nice to meet a lot of you and see ones I haven't seen in awhile, had a good time. Great looking pics, thanks for posting them for us to enjoy, sorry I had to rush off, the wife had plans I couldn't get out of or be late for. We'll have to do it again sometime soon. I'm going to Windrock, Tellico, and Robbinsville 4wheeling from 10-14 thru 10-19 if nothing major flies apart I'll see yall in Tellico for Halloween.

We had a great time. I was preoccupied with Kennedy but I did meet everyone and I'm glad I did. I hope to see you all soon.

Lee nice pics. I was getting a little worried that mine didn't make the cut....but low and behold there she was pic #62!!!!!!!!

Mark I need some more of those straps!!!!! I only need 11 more to go with the one you gave me. Unless you need that one back ....then I'll only need 12. Hook me up!!!!!!

philsxj said:
Mark I need some more of those straps!!!!! I only need 11 more to go with the one you gave me. Unless you need that one back ....then I'll only need 12. Hook me up!!!!!!
I'll add you to the list, keep that one and as soon as I can get up with my bro-in-law I'll get some more.

Wish I could see the pics, man 28k dial up really blows!!! We live in "Bedrock", NC, where it may take a while to get affordable high speed access. :cry: I have some good action shots to post. I will try to post them tonight. I had a great time and will probably go back this Sat. for a quicky on my way to the up-state to move some more of my tools and junk from my house in SC. I just wanted to say y'all are a great bunch and it was a blast, even just standing around shooting the bull. I wheeled down Dickey Bell past Phil's camp site Sun. morning before I took off but there was no sign of life so I headed to the house to make the wife happy and preserve the integrity of my kitchen pass.
I have been inspired by Rons jeep and I am going to sacrifice the d44's out of my '86 Wagoneer parts rig to put under my XJ. I just need to finish my J-10 first so I have a daily driver. I am going to start on the axles though.

Rick.It's funny that you say you passed my campsite. I was trying to keep quiet to let Kennedy sleep a few more minutes. I heard a Jeep coming down the trail, pause and then move on. I thought that it might have been you. Weird!!!!!

I will be there on Sat. Nov 6 for a day ride. May do a night run on Friday Nov. 5 if I can get there that night.
Anyway it was nice meeting you and all the rest of the guys.

Later

Phil

Back