• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PICK N PULL LIFT QUESTION

Chris @ GATR said:
Any reason you can't just go buy a lift kit? Are you that cheap?
Its not always about being cheap. Being cheap and on a budget may look the same to alot of people but are two differant things. From what he is asking he seams to want to do the lift on a budget, which is totally respectable in my book. I and alot of others are in the same boat. Not everyone can afford to go big and totally right(mainstream if you will) right away or want to. It is a process. He says he only wants/needs to go up 3". So instead of criticizing him and asking " are you that cheap," lets help him out shell we.(not a bash on you or your comment just a statement in general) We do not know his financial situation, it may be tight right now, just like alot of us. We are a community that is here to help others not bewilder them. Ok I'm getting off my soap box now. Sorry to steal a bit of your thread with this. I do have another idea for ya to check into though.

Another suggestion is to call Jason at Rough Country. Becoming a member of NAXJA would grant you a 10% discount off of there products. I love my 3.5 lift, a little ruff at first but if I wanted it to ride like a cadi well I would have bought a cadi. There are plenty of threads on them here on this site. But here is Jasons' contact info http://www.naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=20493
Let us know what you end up going with or doing.

Chris @ GATR said:
ROFLMAO....Had to clean my coffee off the monitor on that one..................
Why in the world would I want to put a $400 to $500 lift on a Jeep I only paid $300 for? LOL
I have been in touch with Jason thru PM here, as to front coils.
But hey ........if I can save a couple of hundred dollars on a full lifted leaf spring pack (not a AAL) from a PNP I'm gonna do it.
You can call it a cheap budget build if it suits ya. LOL
Your post just cracks me up.

Chris @ GATR said:

i'm sixteen years old and only have a part time job. i have to pay a killing for insurance and gas among other things.. are you going to call me cheep too because i cant afford to put a brand new lift on my jeep. onestly just because you can doesn't mean you have the right to belittle the people who cant.

if you are strongly expecting to pull a pair of leafs, a cordless sawzall helps tremendously (it pretty much helps for pulling anything but interior stuff)
just cut anything in your way

oh, and your likely to find the weaker lifts at the junkyard, mostly pro-comp or rancho 3"inchers... if someone had something good, theyd most likely take it when they scrap the jeep (but obviously, not allways)

I got a 5.5 RE lift, complete with adjustable control arms, drop brackets, coils and springs for $100.00 @ the local PNP. Had to buy new shocks, but other than that it is straight!

ive never seen a lifted jeep at the PNP here. i did score some chevy 1500 brake lines at the JY last week though.

Back