• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pennzoil Oil

Every motor that I have taken apart that has ran pennzoil and been abused has looked like this all the way through. I am not a fan of Pennzoil at all and as far as I'm concerned would not put it in a lawnmower. Don't get me wrong I am sure it must be a good oil to still be around, but for those of us who abuse our motors and get them hot from time to time, I would run anything but Pennzoil. I am a big fan of Valvoline and run Delo in my Diesel. I live in the desert so getting a motor hot happens often.

Don't abuse your equipment and things like this won't happen.

Don't abuse your equipment and things like this won't happen.

That is what my Jeep is for. I abuse it and know it. That is why I do not use Pennzoil. I have never had any engine ran on Valvoline or any other oil look that way even if it had been beat. If I used my Jeep to go to the mall and back I guess it would be OK.

By "don't abuse" I meant "change your oil on time, don't run your jeep when overheating".

Your insinuation that I am a mall crawler is annoying at best.

Motors like that have never had the oil changed. I've used every oil you can dream up and abused oil change intervals seriously, and never seen anything like that. Except for cases where it was reported that the owner just added oil when the oil pressure light came on (whether it needed it or not).

I saw a lot of motors like that in the late 50s-60s from using non-detergent oil and spotty change intervals.

Back