• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PDX Convoy

it looks to me like taking the 12 to 123 is shorter ? going all the way up to 410 looks a bit out of the way ? but you know how i am with directions, lol. i'll get ya there then ask you where to turn, lol.

Los Lobos said:
I84 to US97 is by far the quickest. Unless someone knows a secret route.
I forgot about that one. Starting from Camas, all three routes are no more than 10 miles difference from one another (123 being the shortest). If I84 to US97 is more direct for you Oregon guys, I can probably meet you in Hood River if needed.

The drive up last year was pretty cool with the scencery (I90). US97 is just desert.

Are you planning on heading up with us?

TORX said:
Are you planning on heading up with us?

I will be with R Cranium, as it looks now everything is a early AM go. I still have a few last minute XJ things to wrap up but I think we'll be on schedule. That would be the only delay for us.

I vote for going up 97. We could link up with Dustin on the Oregon side of the bridge of the Gods, or Hood River or whatever. But I'll only cry a little if I'm out voted.
:rattle:

Is it just the four of us?

Did you come up with a tow rig? I agree with as early as possible. It looks like time and distance are too close to call between I-5 and 97, so whatever works for me too.

mojojojo said:
i'm game for whatever. just tell me where to meet and i'll be there.
RlCHARD CRANlUM said:
It looks like time and distance are too close to call between I-5 and 97, so whatever works for me too.
You guys aren't helping.

If 97 is more direct for you guys I can meet you in Cascade Locks in the morning.

Cascade Locks Shell
425 NW Wanapa St
Cascade Locks, OR 97014

That's located right after the Bridge of the Gods on US30 off I84. Pick a time and I'll be there.

or...

We could stick to original plan and take I5 over the pass.

o.k. lets go with 97.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=fairview+or&daddr=cliffdell+wa&sll=46.948387,-121.008911&sspn=0.888739,1.799011&ie=UTF8&ll=46.822617,-120.94574&spn=0.890825,1.799011&z=9

lets meet at the cascade locks shell that Dustin listed above at 730. (this should put us at camp around noonish.)

if anyone wants to hook up closer in town and drive out to cascade locks together just PM me and well figure out where to meet.

EDIT: here's a link from cascade locks to the link Joe used in the directions thread. not sure if he's right yet, but....

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Cascade+Locks,+Hood+River,+Oregon,+United+States&daddr=NF-1902,+Naches,+Yakima,+Washington+98937,+United+States&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=46.377955,-121.521739&sspn=1.796359,3.598022&ie=UTF8&ll=47.03445,-121.217651&spn=0.055457,0.112438&z=13

Last edited:
Want to meet at Round Table at about 0700? It will take me about an hour to get there, and google maps says about 30 minutes to Cascade Locks. How does that work for you Karl? (provided your driveline/drag link works out on time)

Or if you have another idea Rod, lay it on me.

I have never been up to this area before but I see two choices for getting there. Either go up I5 and than go east or go east on I84 and then go North. Which way takes the least amount of time and which way is the most scenic? I won't be pulling a trailer and steep windy roads don't bother me or my Jeep.
It seems most will be going down I84 but mainly due to issues with steep hills and pulling trailers or overheating. Is going up I5 and cutting east any shorter or more worth the drive?

jeepboy381 said:
I have never been up to this area before but I see two choices for getting there. Either go up I5 and than go east or go east on I84 and then go North. Which way takes the least amount of time and which way is the most scenic? I won't be pulling a trailer and steep windy roads don't bother me or my Jeep.
It seems most will be going down I84 but mainly due to issues with steep hills and pulling trailers or overheating. Is going up I5 and cutting east any shorter or more worth the drive?
I5 up to Hwy12, and then going over the pass (123) would be the most scenic by far. I'm considering coming home that way on Sunday. Least amount of time would be the I84 route.

TORX said:
I5 up to Hwy12, and then going over the pass (123) would be the most scenic by far. I'm considering coming home that way on Sunday. Least amount of time would be the I84 route.
Thanks Dustin, I think I will take I5 to Hwy12.

Back