• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pavement Princess

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Picked this up last month, figured I should make a thread for it.

2010 S Limited - Gen III VVT Hemi

Suspension:
Gen. 1 Superlift 4" suspension
Rustys adjustable lower control arms
Rustys adjustable track bar
King coilovers
Bilstein 5125 shocks
JBA upper A-arms
JBA front sway bar disconnects
JBA 6" rear coil springs
AEV EGR module

Drivetrain:
K&N FIPK intake
Gibson cat-back exhaust
Nitro 4.10 gear set
RCV Performance shafts
Mopar Performance Beadlocks 17x9.5
Nitto Trail Grappler MT 37x12.5x17

Armor:
Custom ARB bull bar
Custom hidden winch mount bracket
Quadratec Q11000S winch
Rubicon Express hawse fairlead
Factor-55 winch cable "hook"
4xGuard side guard rock rails
4XGuard Gen. 2 rear skid
4XGuard rear sliders
PIAA 530 LED fog lights
ARB Intensity spot beam lights
Detours Knucklebone tire carrier
ARB dual air compressor and VIAIR 2.5gal tank
Cobra 75 CB and Firestik antenna on a 4xGaurd mount

Electronics/Interior:
Superchips Flashpaq
Mopar/Kicker Audio upgrade

20151125164858-a107152a.jpg

Last edited:
holy sexy wk, batman. Why a pavement princess? Its rolling 37's for cripes sake...

Troy is building a racing MJ... along with perhaps a dozen others. :eyes:

That's really nice looking DJ. More pics please.

Is it regraded to deal with all that rubber, I hope? What happened to the took-forever-to-find-DJ-perfect WJ?

Is it regraded to deal with all that rubber, I hope? What happened to the took-forever-to-find-DJ-perfect WJ?

Still have it, I'll put it up for sale at some point. Basically it came down to buying something built or spending the next however many years building something. It has almost been 7 years since I sold the XJ, I didn't want to lose the time building again. This thing is built pretty much the way I would have with all of the best parts. So I can pretty much get out and enjoy it right away. Then just change small things along the way to make it mine. And yes, it has 4.10s in the diffs. Nitro gear is the only company that makes a gear set for this thing.

Some interior goodness. The S Limited has SRT seats without the stitch work. For all intents and purposes it's basically an Overland with some SRT goodies.

20151230204951-d8a70baa-la.jpg
20151230205115-2230762a-la.jpg

Last edited:
Is it Quadra drive with dual ELSD?

That's got to be one of the nicest WK's I've ever seen

Saw it in person a few weeks back. It's a panty-dropper for sure. The builder was every bit as A.R./OCD as Donn is. I remember seeing it on Craigs a while back, was slack jawed when he said he bought it.

Now, if it only...... ran. :shhh:

37's!!!! I thought 33 looked big on those. That's damn pretty man. Bad ass ride.

Side note. Are those the 'titan' spot lights up front? (9" led spot lights). How do you like them if so? I need some range but not up close light so was eyeing those.

Also. How the F did you clear that pinch weld in wheel wells. We 'massaged' my brothers flat and it's still snug.

Side note. Are those the 'titan' spot lights up front? (9" led spot lights). How do you like them if so? I need some range but not up close light so was eyeing those.

They are 9.5" ARB Intensity Spot Beams, 8000 lumens and they are ridiculous. I hit them at 11 PM on I-70 in Kansas and I am pretty sure I could see Colorado.

Also. How the F did you clear that pinch weld in wheel wells. We 'massaged' my brothers flat and it's still snug.

BFH clearance work on the pinch weld for an additional 2.5" over stock.

i.php

Now, if it only...... ran. :shhh:

As Troy hinted at, this has been down since November. It died going down 36 the day after I bought it. Had it towed to Larry H. Miller on 104th after spending a few weeks trying to diagnose it myself. Took them another 2.5 weeks to decide that an exhaust valve spring broke, the valve was seized in the head, so it needed a whole new head swapped in, $3,200. I did not like their responses to some of my basic questions and they jerked me around for so long just to diagnose it I would not recommend this joke of a dealer to anyone. And apparently neither will anyone else.

https://www.facebook.com/lhmdenverjeep/reviews/

I had it towed out and to my friends house down in Castle Rock who was gracious enough to lend me his garage. Not having my own garage (apartment living is the pits) is the only reason it went to the dealer in the first place. So the exhaust valve spring on cylinder 6 did break. Why is anyones guess, this is not really a problem with the Gen III Hemis. The valve was not seized but it did not move freely. I was very lucky it didn't drop when the spring went. So I pulled the head and the valve was slightly bent. Zero visible damage to the head and the new valve I picked up moved as it should. Just to be safe I had a machine shop check the valve to valve guide clearance and it was good to go. Lapped in the new valve and installed it with the new very specific valve spring that Trent (Puttzer) was kind enough to track down for me. They used this spring for just over a year in the Gen III's, so there were only 4 left in the country. I didn't want to replace all of them with the new style, so I was stoked when he found some. Finally put it back together this weekend and back on the road.

It was basically a no start. I really had to convince it to run, which in hindsight was probably not a great idea given the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJcA5CCpDY

Here are some shots from when I scoped the cylinder before pulling the head. No major damage

20160116172457-7d98aa66.jpg

20160116172459-57a61d38.jpg

20160116172459-ef3ec2bb.jpg

20160116172459-0516e0db.jpg

Pulled the head, removing as little as possible. Pretty decent amount of carbon buildup. I will run some BK44 through it to clean that up.

20160116171210-862a8e3c-xl.jpg

20160116171208-c15a6f4d-xl.jpg

20160116171207-9d9d185c-xl.jpg

20160116171212-536c47cd-xl.jpg

Replacement for the offending valve spring.

i.php

Back together and running well - $275 in parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5gb_zF81VU

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Back