• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Partnership for Johnson Valley

I didn't like the "rock star" comment from her either. I appreciate that those guys have grabbed the ball and are working constructively. We really only had one beef, and that was the fact or the appearance that they were working on their own claiming to represent everyone, with no provision to really involve everyone. As I see it, they were called on it and responded properly......now we'll see.

Really, no one around here has any credibility anyway. :cheers:

OlMan said:
Just curious if anyone went to the FOGR meeting last night?

My space ship was down for repairs...........

:)

ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?!?!!

Why are there TWO groups? Did anyone ask the guys who started the second one why didn't they just joint the first one?

mikedashg said:

Why are there TWO groups? Did anyone ask the guys who started the second one why didn't they just joint the first one?
Believe me, the question was asked and to kind of cut to the chase, it's not worth it to pursue that question as it will not get us anywhere but rather waste time.

mikedashg said:

Mike, did you read any of this thread before you posted this?
Remi's answer didn't help either...

Partnership for Johnson Valley isn't soley there for the intests of the 4X4 community. They intend to represent all users of JV.
Friends of Johnson Valley intend to represent the 4X4 community only.

Mike, you need to get informned (as all of us do.)
Remi, you need to be informative.....

Jump This said:
Oh, come on!
The thead is only six pages long!

:D

OK, I didn't READ it all word for word, but I thought I had gotten the jist. I skimmed very quickly. I dunno, I guess I couldn't see the fine print past my outrage.

Thanks for summing it up Rick. I didn't know there was any other interests to preserving JV for the public then us wheelers :D. I'm on my own planet I guess.

mikedashg said:
OK, I didn't READ it all word for word, but I thought I had gotten the jist. I skimmed very quickly. I dunno, I guess I couldn't see the fine print past my outrage.

Thanks for summing it up Rick. I didn't know there was any other interests to preserving JV for the public then us wheelers :D. I'm on my own planet I guess.

Ummm....Mike?
Are you just now realizing that?

:D

mikedashg said:
OK....... :D I'm on my own planet I guess.

Then you must also have interest in FOGR. :D

Goatman said:
Then you must also have interest in FOGR. :D

You'd think, but I'm so off in my own planet, I don't have the means to have interest in other planets. Every Sunday after a weekend trip to JV, I always think about checking it out. But by the time I think of it, I've passed the turn and don't feel like turning around.

- Mike "just stepped out of the integratron" G

For those who planned to attend the FOJV meeting tomorrow, that meeting had to be rescheduled to July 1. Here is Dave's post from Pirate:

The meeting on the 25th needs to be postponed.

The primary reason is my work schedule. I was asked to be in St Louis tomorrow and I was able to get that moved. Until this morning. Turns out I'm traveling anyway.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

There are many things happening regarding our efforts and I feet that it is very important that we have clear and concise communication around those 'events'.

I have rescheduled our room at the Shakey's for a week from tomorrow.

July 1st at 7:30 PM.

Please spread the word. I'd rather be inundated with the postponement info than have someone make the drive for nothing.

If anyone has any questions, please call me at 714 615 8507.

On the agenda for our next meeting.

1) Website design
2) PFJV meeting information
3) OHV Leadership Council meeting information
4) Overall status
5) Recap of the 29 Palms base tour
6) Begin the process of selecting our new leadership and forming this orginization
7) Layout the 'next steps'

It's a big one. I'm sorry about recheduling to a holiday week, but time is of the essence, especially now.

Talk to you soon.

Dave

mikedashg said:
You'd think, but I'm so off in my own planet, I don't have the means to have interest in other planets. Every Sunday after a weekend trip to JV, I always think about checking it out. But by the time I think of it, I've passed the turn and don't feel like turning around.

- Mike "just stepped out of the integratron" G

Just drive to GR straight from the lakebed. It's not that hard to find.

OK, looks like we'll need to make a Giant Rock run next Nov. :)

Kejtar said:
lemme guess..... it's a rock.. and it's giant? :D

You could say it's pretty giant, the giantist freestandingist there ever were

bigrock.gif

Back