• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Partnership for Johnson Valley

Kejtar said:
LOL damn, you saw through my plot....

Remi, is this why you have an affection for beer and slivovitz?

if so, no thanx, i'll stick to mikes hard lemonade:D

ok, y'all owe me a keyboard, a flat panel and a beer... cause the beer just shot out my nose and had a close meeting with the other two items! :cheers:

Kejtar said:
ok, y'all owe me a keyboard, a flat panel and a beer... cause the beer just shot out my nose and had a close meeting with the other two items! :cheers:

My sincere apologies, For a while there, you sound just like her.

My bad :puke:

JerryCanJeep said:
My sincere apologies, For a while there, you sound just like her.

My bad :puke:

Its not just you. I've thought Remi sounded a lot like Meg since the moment I met him.

;)

There is one step we could all start with. We need to know who in the USMC and who in congress will be getting involved so that all of us can start out with well directed letters written by everyone each of us. Let's make sure they know who we are, and why we want to work together. You just never know what or how things are being reported to the higher Ranks.

I think someone should format the facts, lets us use it to put things slightly in our own words, include pictures (always try and strike a personal connect), send them out.

Kejtar said:
This worries me. It looks to me like they're tooting their own horn as that's exactly what they did at that last meeting they called. The timeline thing had too much of them emphasising what they have done while noone else did anything.

Partnership for Johnson Valley has established themselves as the lead organization in this process. While we won't always agree with the leaders, they are capable, knowledgeable, and commited to our cause. There's no good reason not to support them.

However, in my view, we also need Friends of Johnson Valley. We need our own voice, a voice specifically for users of the trails and offroad resources of JV. FOJV can be us, representing our position, a vehicle to communicate information and projects, and a group to coordinate whatever activities might be needed. PFJF has set themselves up to be a voice to the Marines, representing all of the various Johnson Valley groups and interests, including CORVA, District 37, the Rocketeers, Friends of Giant Rock, the film industry, etc. Friends of Johnson Valley needs to be one of these groups that is represented by PFJV. PFJV is everyone. FOJV needs to be us, our voice to PFJV and to the Marines. I hope there is enough interest, and willing leadership, to establish FOJV.

FordGuy said:
There is one step we could all start with. We need to know who in the USMC and who in congress will be getting involved so that all of us can start out with well directed letters written by everyone each of us. Let's make sure they know who we are, and why we want to work together. You just never know what or how things are being reported to the higher Ranks.

I think someone should format the facts, lets us use it to put things slightly in our own words, include pictures (always try and strike a personal connect), send them out.

I was just thinking the same thing Rich. Let's look into who we need write to and get everyone on every local website/club to start writing letters informing them of our oppostion to this land proposal. We can also look into newspaper ads (local or otherwise) informing the locals/masses of the Marines intentions. There are things we can do with our money to show support while not giving to one group or another right away.

I have always believed that even though great representation gets issues like this moving forward, there is no substitution for individuals speaking out. Just like signatures at a City Counsel meeting, they have to take them into consideration, but fill the room with real citizens, whole different level of pressure.

JerryCanJeep said:
Boy,ID bet my full gas can the following was posted by Meg Grossglass
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689757&page=2

Who would think a reputable ORG like ORBA would stoop to these type of tacts.
We all know she would sell us out in a second, She already has.

JerryCanJeep

So, who are you and what axe do you have to grind?

The folks from ORBA don't post here, so if you want to take pot shots at them, this isn't the place.

What's up?

Goatman said:
So, who are you and what axe do you have to grind?

The folks from ORBA don't post here, so if you want to take pot shots at them, this isn't the place.

What's up?

Cannot access Pirate for rebuttal. Reason for rant, I live in a county Meg and legal counsel brokered a deal so I have to pay to assemble more than 10 people in my back yard. Also, Beware, ORBA and other “OHV leaders” are trying to take over the JV issue. They will surly sell us out. So there you have it, whether or this is the place to grind axes, lands are tough to get back once they are “Bargained” off. The readers here deserve the truth behind the big ORBA.

Nice night here in the desert :spin3:

JerryCanJeep

Thanks.

Since Fred Wiley and the ORBA office is right around the corner from where I work, I'll have to ask him about it.

At least we're getting fired up. Eventually we'll all be pulling together.

Whats to sell out? They can't sell anyone out in this case. There can be no land trade.

"Oh hey, instead of taking over 800 acres of land bordering your base, how about training in glamis instead. Yeah, its 120 miles away - who the cares?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Goatman said:
Thanks.

Since Fred Wiley and the ORBA office is right around the corner from where I work, I'll have to ask him about it.

At least we're getting fired up. Eventually we'll all be pulling together.

Be sure to bring this up when you talk to ole Freddy
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=140238

Besides being ORBA paid president, Fred is president of CLORV (California League of Off Road Voters) this dysfunctional ORG. Made up of ....you guessed it,Our OHV "leadership" They are paid by the leading Organizations like CORVA , D37,ASA,SDORC...you get it?

All CLORV needed to do this year is get us a list of candidates to vote for in this past primary election. Guess what, They failed miserably! No Candidate endorsements this year, what a rip! Some of the monies used to pay for this service came out of OUR donations to ASA, CORVA, Cal4wd etc. And they have the audacity to demand accountability from PFJV?

So Ed Waldhiem who just stepped down from being president of CORVA for 15 years, wrote a letter to the "Leadership" (Boy am I getting tiered of that word!) And it posted on the CORVA web site. As soon as Ed stepped down from CORVA, It disappeared! Lucky, someone was bright enough to copy it and post it on the Glamis site.

here is the link again, in case you missed it

So lets recap, ORBA and the "leadership" are attempting to takeover the whole Johnson Valley fight.
I would not trust these crooks as far as I could throw them. (They cant even put together a simple voter guide) Now we have Ed and Harry who combined have over 60 years of land rights activism under their belts, Who would you trust?, Orba, or Ed & Harry

For my buck, I will go with Ed, Mark and Harry PFJV, get it?

So say hi to Fred for me :paperwork

JerryCanJeep

Last edited:
JerryCanJeep said:
Be sure to bring this up when you talk to ole Freddy

Besides being ORBA paid president, Fred is president of CLORV (California League of Off Road Voters) this dysfunctional ORG. Made up of ....you guessed it,Our OHV "leadership" They are paid by the leading Organizations like CORVA , D37,ASA,SDORC...you get it?

All CLORV needed to do this year is get us a list of candidates to vote for in this past primary election. Guess what, They failed miserably! No Candidate endorsements this year, what a rip! Some of the monies used to pay for this service came out of OUR donations to ASA, CORVA, Cal4wd etc. And they have the audacity to demand accountability from PFJV?

So Ed Waldhiem who just stepped down from being president of CORVA for 15 years, wrote a letter to the "Leadership" (Boy am I getting tiered of that word!) And it posted on the CORVA web site. As soon as Ed stepped down from CORVA, It disappeared! Lucky, someone was bright enough to copy it and post it on the Glamis site.

here is the link again, in case you missed it

So lets recap, ORBA and the "leadership" are attempting to takeover the whole Johnson Valley fight.
I would not trust these crooks as far as I could throw them. (They cant even put together a simple voter guide) Now we have Ed and Harry who combined have over 60 years of land rights activism under their belts, Who would you trust?, Orba, or Ed & Harry

For my buck, I will go with Ed, Mark and Harry PFJV, get it?

So say hi to Fred for me :paperwork

JerryCanJeep

I haven't seen evidence, as you claim to have, that ORBA is trying to take over anything. I also don't see that the "leadership" group is controlled by ORBA. You seem to assume that anyone with concerns or criticism over the PFJV leadership situation has aligned themselves with ORBA. You are connecting a lot of dots that don't necessarily make sense. Obviously, for us, we're going to watch them all......which in one reason I think we need Friends of Johnson Valley.

BTW, who should I tell Fred that said hi?

You must know that some anonomous dude that comes on here all of a sudden with an axe to grind doesn't have much credibility with this outfit. Your points would be better taken if we knew who was making them.

And for my point to all of this. It is exactly the crap that happens over these type of issues. Yes we need to embrace these organizations, but carefully, The government needs to hear and meet all of us as individuals, there is a lot of power when rooms are filled with individuals like us instead of Representatives, not saying they don't help tremendously. Let the voice of the people be heard, come together, don't be represented.

Ok, Maybe my jeep overheated a bit last night

Once I saw this post, I had to blow off some steam
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689757&page=2

I know I have no credibility or even deserve respect here.

The thread hijack was uncalled for, flog me, I deserve it!:doh:

I guess my point was,
Question, Do you think we need big organizations to fight this monster?, or can we go in as a Trojan house Via PFJV & FOJV to fight this at ground level?

JerryCanJeep

Back