• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out a 98 XJ

ill take the center console if you have it still?
what about the dash?
i wonder if the dash stuff will fit in my 89?

oh yah what color carpet?
illg o 2nd in line behind yassarin
and how about the door panels?
hwo about some pics of the interior?

oh!
how is the carpet in color, condition & $$?

Interior is a medium charcoal grey. Carpet is in good to very good condition. $35 should be fine.

what about the dash?

Jon-
Everything is grey... the dash and door panels are in great shape, actually the car was really pretty decent. I was going to rebuild the motor and keep running her as she was a nice little beauty. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I have some light. You can have the stuff toward my sliders :D
  • I think you would run into trouble on the gauges? Someone else chime in here??

oh!
how is the carpet in color, condition & $$?

Do you want the suspension? StarboardM (Tom) asked first, but has not given me an answer.

A lot of questions... Let me list a few major items:

AW4- $100

NP231- $100

4.0 Longblock (Hear it run)- $150

Full Engine from computer to harness to injection to oil pan- $300- $250 if you're red

8.25 29 spline $100- $85Red

HP30 $75 or $150 for both

Suspension- $75 for the front and another $50 for the rear

Full headliner with soundbar (nice)- $75- $70 red (someone thought that was high?? Let me know)

Rims $100 for 5 They are the machined lip painted "Country" rims, I think? Very nice condition Like the link below with all the little Jeep centers.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/15-Fits-Jeep-New-Wrangler/-p8537978.html/rid/130798/22

A set of 4.10 gears (USED Dana) and a carrier (DANA new in box) to go with the HP30 in the 98 or yours. $50

All these are OBO and anything else we'll work out. I want it all gone so if you don't like my price just tell me.

Last edited:
Jon-
Everything is grey... the dash and door panels are in great shape, actually the car was really pretty decent. Console is yours. I was going to rebuild the motor and keep running her as she was a nice little beauty. I'll take pictures tomorrow when I have some light. You can have the stuff toward my sliders :D
  • I think you would run into trouble on the gauges? Someone else chime in here??

If you still have that headliner the weekend after Memorial Day, I can take it.

Looks like Vagabond asked about it right before me, so let me know if he does not want it.

Looks like Vagabond asked about it right before me, so let me know if he does not want it.

All yours!

If no one takes the center console, both of my shifter bezels are ruined. (The trans, and tcase light up indicators.) I could use them.

Blondejon has the console.

It's yours.

what about the dash?

Jon-
Have not heard back from Yossarian- Carpet is yours as well. I'll post up pics this afternoon or tonight.

It's yours.

Cool. Now I just have to figure out how to safely transport it. Maybe I can pull the old headliner down and just slap this one in when I get there to get it home.

Or - If anyone is headed from the south bay to pickup parts and can safely transport the headliner, maybe we can work something out. :cheers:

Hmm....29 spline 8.25" axle....is that the original axle with 220k miles on it?

And are those power side mirrors?

Jon-
Have not heard back from Yossarian- Carpet is yours as well. I'll post up pics this afternoon or tonight.

Flaked again on the pics... Someone came by and got the tires and wheels and I ran out of light.

Cool. Now I just have to figure out how to safely transport it. Maybe I can pull the old headliner down and just slap this one in when I get there to get it home.

Or - If anyone is headed from the south bay to pickup parts and can safely transport the headliner, maybe we can work something out. :cheers:

Hmm....29 spline 8.25" axle....is that the original axle with 220k miles on it?

And are those power side mirrors?

I can help you with the headliner, or you could transport it in a longbed pickup. I have some plastic wrap to keep it clean.

The 8.25 is original, Jeep450r may be taking it and the 30 with the new low gear carrier... He has to give me a for sure yes.

Had to go out and check on the mirrors... Yes they are power. BTW this thing has about a 2 month old DieHard in it too.

looks like i get the carpet and the console! yes!
i think ill need the ebrake handle to make the console work with my renix era stuff?
i dont even have an ebrake now that i think of it, the handle is a dummy so maybe nevermind on that.

i will take alot of the trim parts.
my car area is all herculiner, and my headliner is from a 97, and my upper trim peices along the headliner are from the 97,
but all of my lower trim peices are messed up.

im thinking all of the lower door trim stuff?
maybe your guages wont work, but what else could i use?
hmmm.
trying to make my interior a little nice now that i have those grand cherokee seats..
id like to see the door panels. mine are from a leather limited XJ, but id like to see yours anyway.

of course we can trade for these sliders...

looks like i get the carpet and the console! yes!
i think ill need the ebrake handle to make the console work with my renix era stuff?
i dont even have an ebrake now that i think of it, the handle is a dummy so maybe nevermind on that.

i will take alot of the trim parts.
my car area is all herculiner, and my headliner is from a 97, and my upper trim peices along the headliner are from the 97,
but all of my lower trim peices are messed up.

im thinking all of the lower door trim stuff?
maybe your guages wont work, but what else could i use?
hmmm.
trying to make my interior a little nice now that i have those grand cherokee seats..
id like to see the door panels. mine are from a leather limited XJ, but id like to see yours anyway.

of course we can trade for these sliders...

Bring the Jeep and we'll get what we can and get it installed!

I can help you with the headliner, or you could transport it in a longbed pickup. I have some plastic wrap to keep it clean.

The 8.25 is original, Jeep450r may be taking it and the 30 with the new low gear carrier... He has to give me a for sure yes.

If I can manage to pull my headliner before then, it would be cool just to toss yours in while I am there if you can give a hand. Otherwise, I may just borrow my dads truck - 6ft bed, but with some creative supports it should work ok.

I'll pass on the axle. No time or place at the moment to build it the way I would want to. :(

Had to go out and check on the mirrors... Yes they are power. BTW this thing has about a 2 month old DieHard in it too.

Hmm...the mirrors are of interest to me. Let me think about them. How much would you want for the pair?

Back