• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 2000 XJ Classic 4-door (green) - Grand Rapids area

Status
Not open for further replies.

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, I have a few different XJs that I'm parting out, so if you PM me, please include the year/color in the subject line so I know which freakin' vehicle you're talking about. :looney:

I'll be parting out a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic (green) within the next 2-3 weeks (picking it up Thursday July 5th). Most of this Jeep will be "fair game" to sell, and we'll only be keeping a handful of the items for my daughters' respective Jeep builds.

Items we'll be keeping:
  • NP-242 transfer case
  • (maybe) Rear hatch...unless I get a good offer
I purchased it without the wheels/tires, so those are not available. Specs at this point are 4.0L/auto/NP-242, LP Dana 30 (with larger 297 U-joint shafts)/Chrysler 8.25 axles w/3.55 gearing. Engine has some issues, and will likely be parted out.

Feel free to inquire about parts/prices, and I'll be adding more details/prices for the bigger items shortly. If you make offers, keep them reasonable. We're not looking to get rich on stuff, but are trying to help out my 9 1/2- and (almost)12-year-old daughters' respective Jeep builds. Anyone who has dealt with me will attest to the fact that I'm very reasonable on prices. I also work a 50-hour/week job, and do this in my (limited) spare time, so I just ask for a little flexibility on timing with parts pulling.

IMPORTANT: If you make me an offer, make it for $XX (item) plus actual shipping. Y'all are big kids, and can utilize USPS.com to get shipping quotes. I'm happy to provide measurements of items, but don't have the time, nor gas $$$, to make umpteen trips to the post office for "tire kickers". :cheers: I have had good luck using USPS Flat Rate boxes, and it takes a lot of the guess work out of determining shipping prices.

Here are the pics.

Thanks,
Craig

396623_4174686255358_906244397_n.jpg

303534_4174686975376_584099735_n.jpg

582169_4174687775396_1222087456_n.jpg

206094_4174687935400_1441166765_n.jpg

396870_4174688775421_1655888378_n.jpg

559153_4174689215432_1937088916_n.jpg

295187_4174689975451_1220753994_n.jpg

396013_4174690255458_1059871515_n.jpg

8098_4174691055478_1478058623_n.jpg

242 shift gate and bezel? They any good or are they worn through?
Is there tweeter pods by the rear view mirrors? Fog light switch any good? ie does the dash lighting work on it and does it have good contacts?

overhead console?

No overhead console in this one.

Taillights good?

Yes, tail lights are good.

How are the doors? Bottom inner seam rusted?

Bottom of doors have some surface rust on the inside. I'd consider them in "fair" (decent) shape for the "salt belt", but they are not truly rust-free.

242 shift gate and bezel? They any good or are they worn through?
Is there tweeter pods by the rear view mirrors? Fog light switch any good? ie does the dash lighting work on it and does it have good contacts?

I'm keeping the 242 bezel with the t-case. No tweeters in this one. There IS a fog light switch, but I haven't confirmed its functionality yet.

Thanks,
Craig

the dash panel that covers the gauge cluster and goes up and over the center bezel, is it cracked?

If not I need one of those. Jennie and I cracked the snot out of hers yesterday.

I can tell you how to pull it without cracking it. Of course after we pulled it I saw what we did wrong.

the dash panel that covers the gauge cluster and goes up and over the center bezel, is it cracked?

If not I need one of those. Jennie and I cracked the snot out of hers yesterday.

I can tell you how to pull it without cracking it. Of course after we pulled it I saw what we did wrong.

It looked very nice, but I actually have one of those (in gray) already pulled from the '99 XJ Sport that I parted out. Tonight is going to be insanely busy for me (the 2000 XJ is arriving, an out of town friend is visiting, and my kids & I have some plans), but I can probably get some pictures for you tomorrow. Give me a reminder if you don't see some posted here by tomorrow evening.

Take a look at the pics, and make me a fair offer (knowing that it's a decent-sized item, and that shipping might be a little spendy).

Craig
Thanks,

if it's not cracked I'll buy it. Might have Wheeler's daughter come pick it up, planning on being up there sometime this fall, so no shipping.

what's a good price for a dash panel? $20?

if it's not cracked I'll buy it. Might have Wheeler's daughter come pick it up, planning on being up there sometime this fall, so no shipping.

what's a good price for a dash panel? $20?

That sounds very fair, and the "no shipping" thing definitely helps. Bump me with a reminder and I'll gladly grab you a photo or two this week.

Craig

Got a friend needing a drivers front window regulator and another needing the passenger front, they still available?

Got a friend needing a drivers front window regulator and another needing the passenger front, they still available?

I have both of those. The passenger ones I have (from 2 different vehicles) both work. The driver window regulator works, but the "auto-stop" at the bottom of travel doesn't want to stop, and clicks when the window gets all the way down (a few of my XJs do this). I'm not sure what's involved in fixing it.

That being said, make me a reasonable offer on the regulators knowing that it'll make a door sale much tougher without the "guts".

Thanks,
Craig

BTW, I'm open to selling the NP-242 transfer case if someone's interested at $150. The vehicle has 252K miles, so it's not a "young pup", but it does run & drive (for short spells, anyway...the engine has no oil pressure and sounds BAD :spin1:).

Craig

If this guy just wants the harness then and the fog light is available, quote me a shipped price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back