• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overkill Engineering

There was also an article in this months 4Wd and sport utility. Ujoints don't bother me if they are big....Also they run on a fixed plane so they wouldn't be so prone to wearing out.

kinda cool looking...imagine the looks on people's faces when they saw axles like those...:eek:

Makes hi pinion vs low pinion discussion moot thats for sure...also solve axle shimning to get the tc to axle angle right... those puppies gotta cost though.

RichP said:
Makes hi pinion vs low pinion discussion moot thats for sure...also solve axle shimning to get the tc to axle angle right... those puppies gotta cost though.
I can imagine that these things are nothing but beef, and just as pricey. They don't seem to be too heavy though. I guess when gears, shafts (or u-joints) and steering is all added, it could be pretty beefy. 5" of clearance over a d60 is pretty impressive though.

Thanks. I saw this thing in JP mag last night, and almost had a heart attack. It looked so innovative, but now that I think about all the u-joints in there, a portal axle seems like the way to go, especially with the price tag of $7k for a rear, and 9.5k for the front. Nuts to that.

Back