• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overcooling

What brand Thermostat?

I had an AutoZone thermostat once and the heat sucked although the temp was showing normal. Stant thermostats as well as the OEM Jeep thermostats have served me well.

i would think the clicking when the thermostat is opening is a bad thermostat. and once it opens, it doesnt effect the operating temp. i have a feeling you just need to flush the system really well like others have suggested. and for insurance, i would replace the temp sender. i was having low readings for a while, and when i replaced the sender, i found out i was actually overheating.

That's a temp sensor for the temp gauge on the dash. If it is just a stud I'd have to say the rest of it broke off, which is common with old age....but no, it is not a vent for the air to escape when you are filling the cooling system. If it was it would be spurting coolant when the motor was running.

Back