• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

over the knuckle steering question......

The stock set up is called an Y link steering system. This is where the Draglink attaches to the pitman arm and to the passenger side steering knuckle. The tierod attaches to the driver side steering knuckle and to the Draglink. This set up is great for stock height jeeps, but has disadvantages when you go up in height.

Most aftermarket set ups like IRO and Ruff Stuff is set up a little different in that the tierod spans to both steering knuckles and the Draglink attaches to the tierod on the passenger side. This is called an inverted-T or sometimes called an inverted-y (depends on who you ask)

Like whitexj98 said, the problem with these set ups, is you'll get a "dead" spot due to the tierod rolling when the Draglink pushes or pulls on the tierod. To supplement this, you can use a hockey puck like spacer, but this isn't 100% effective.

But really, the best way to find what you like is to try one out. And for a mild DD, anything will work, even if you stick with the stock set up.... Just my .02 :D

I was bored at home, but in case you need it or anyone else.

Here's the stock Set up, Or the Currie set up.

Here's the Inverted-T

High Steer

Mach2nh, thanks that clear it up a lot. I decided to just go ahead and go with the HD tie rod and double shear track barfrom IRO. The rest of the parts I'm ordering from Summit. Thanks again for all the input I really appreciate it.

Haha I know! Well glad I got it all figured out.

Back