• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outdoors in the Smokies April 16th

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Getting a couple friends and former NAXJA members together to go check the place out. Doesn't look extreme by any stretch of the imagination. Should be a good time, though. The few I've got committed to go have never been so it'll be a scouting trip for us all. It looks to be suitable for the mildly built crowd so I'll most likely be taking my baby Wrangler. Feel free to join in if you want. I'm sure most haven't heard of the place, so if you've never heard of it either, here's a link to their home page:

http://www.outdoorsinthesmokies.com/index.html

Would like to go, but the Blue Angels are in town that weekend. Been wanting to see them for a few years now. I'll have to check it out some other time. Hope yall have fun though. Post up your scouting results when you get back.

Dale

Will do, Dale. Mark will be going too. It's only like an hour trip for him so I'm sure if it's even remotely good he'll be going back. It's 3-1/2 hours from my house so I'm sure the journies there will be far between for us.

Holy crap that is a blast form the past right there!!! It's 4 hours for me. I'd still like to check it out some day. Looking forward to your report if I don't get the ability to go.

Are you guys camping or staying close by? I see no real facilities.

Yea no doubt. Which one is it there are three up there near it.

The one in Newport. On the Outdoors in the Smokies website, at the bottom of their home page is a direct link to the hotel, plus it tells you the discount code.

1015 Cosby Highway
Newport, TN, 37821-7323

Was lurking the SEC and stumbled on this post. Georgia Mike i'll be moving to Flowery Branch mid May. Will be looking for some new jeep friends and places to wheel. You'll see me around in my forest green 4 door.

Was lurking the SEC and stumbled on this post. Georgia Mike i'll be moving to Flowery Branch mid May. Will be looking for some new jeep friends and places to wheel. You'll see me around in my forest green 4 door.

Mike is a good guy and an old friend. He's the right person to steer you straight. Welcome to the SEC!

Mike is a good guy and an old friend. He's the right person to steer you straight. Welcome to the SEC!

Agreed. But, he is from Flowery Branch, so you might think he talks funny. But, wait til if/when you meet Mark. :laugh:

Agreed. But, he is from Flowery Branch, so you might think he talks funny. But, wait til if/when you meet Mark. :laugh:

Whirs my spire tar?? :laugh:

Just kidding, Mark is a great guy, so is Glenn (Ghost) and Dale (roXJeeper). Mark goes by Markwnc. He lives up in Canton, NC and he's a good guy to have with you on the trail, as are most others on here.

Although I'm beginning to slow down a bit these days, I'm usually willing to lend a helping hand to anyone that's willing to put in a little sweat equity in their own ride so you're welcome to look me up when you get here. One thing is for sure, if you see my beater on the street you won't mistake it for anyone else's lol.

Man, I can't wait to get my new junk trailable so I can go wheelin with yall again!

Man, I can't wait to get my new junk trailable so I can go wheelin with yall again!

Get r done adn come to Harlan this summer. Guaranteed to be fun!

Get r done adn come to Harlan this summer. Guaranteed to be fun!
Would love to, but I kinda doubt I'll be ready by then. Still trying to finish my garage, trailer and tow vehicle. IF I did get the jeep done, Harlan would be a helluva shake down run.

Back