• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Optima battery mount

knever3

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a new yellow top optima for my Comanche but the OE battery tray is WAY to big and sloppy to mount it securely.

What did you guys do to yours? Is there a specific tray you can get that is the same contour of the battery with a new hold down?

Pictures of your setup would be very helpfull.

I guess if there isn't anything on the market I could make a tray to fit in the OE plastic one. Wood with fiberglass then painted.

I bought a new yellow top optima for my Comanche but the OE battery tray is WAY to big and sloppy to mount it securely.

What did you guys do to yours? Is there a specific tray you can get that is the same contour of the battery with a new hold down?

Pictures of your setup would be very helpfull.

I guess if there isn't anything on the market I could make a tray to fit in the OE plastic one. Wood with fiberglass then painted.

Did you get the bigger Size 34-78 optima? Those should squeeze right in and provide you with more juice.

Mean Green has a special hold-down bracket that's shaped to fit the Optima's contours specifically.

Quadratec offered it as a standalone item at one time, I grabbed one. There's a little shifting while you're tightening things down, but not too bad.

Ruffstuff and ballistic fab both have optima battery boxes.

I did buy the 34/78 battery, it's still waaay to small to fit the square battery tray. The stock Z mount does work but you have to cinch it down pretty tight and I don't care for that.

I'll take a look at those two companies. Thanks for the advise.

Not sure where the problem is, I have dual optima yellow tops and the factory tie down works great for the one in the stock location for over a year now.

IMG_0862-1.jpg

Back