• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OMG! It still runs.

Buzzstrike

NAXJA Forum User
Well, for the first time in almost six months the XJ moved out of the driveway and went for a light shake down run today. Over all I am pleased with how most things turned out. Except for a reman 4.7L P/S pump not wanting to work right, a Durango steering box mod that went completely to crap on reassembly. Ate one O-ring going to the worm shaft, and the second time blew out the big O-ring at the big cap.

Luckily, I picked up a wrecked 96 XJ four door 2wd. Light front damage just some sheet metal, rad, header panel, and the other little bits. Been using it as a parts base for the last month.

The 4.56's on the 31" I'm just running for the time being run though the gears very quickly.

I'm getting a slight hum from the 8.25 at speed. The diff is WARM to the touch, but not hot enough to pull your hand away quickly. I know that I did everything by the FSM, we will see.

The new headliner looks great, this is the second recover for this headliner and getting the last one off was a PITA. Good bit of acetone and time. Plus two part epoxy to put some pieces back on or to fill in gouges and adhere some reinforcements in the areas that were showing signs of creasing.

Nothing was done to the driveline other than the re-gear and some u-joint replacements for the drive shafts.

Can't wait to get the 33"s back on and put it back to its final form.

I am just burnt out right now.

Get the black one done, (my toy) to use to fix the blue one, (the wrecked soon to be DD).

See yall later.

Buzz.

Back