• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old stage again. 4-28

Me and the Wife!

Just sort of need directions to the Springs staging location for the parade...

edit... The one on Southgate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stage coach and lake(circle) home depot.
Right there by the red robin and ihop. Easiest way to explain is the 25. Exit lake. Go to 4th light - stage coach. First left into parking area.

Tom there will probably be other folks non naxja if you want to take.them into consideration.

Gonna talk to fs tomorrow to get details on trash....

I just need an estimate of the numbers.

Supposedly 4-5 others.

Also. Do we have preference on cleaning main shooting area vs eagle rock/saran wrap entrance area??? Both need attention. The main.area needs substantially more.

I don't have a preference, but I do want to put at least 10 rounds though my AR-7. It has never even had a single round through it and since it is a survival rifle, it would be nice to know it actually fires. :eyes:

Lol ill have a few with me as well. We will see if.anyone else has preference before setting in stone.

We'll be up there some time in the morning. We'll be camping up on rampart range road tonight so when we get up in the morning we'll head that way, maybe stay a couple hours and head up the peak.

We can use FS in woodland park to dump. I will just continue up old stage and come back.down through woodland park.

Flex. As you drive up the dirt road, about 12 miles up you will have passed a big overlook into Colorado springs. Just past that there is a sign saying no shooting next 2 miles.
You will pass a turn off not far from there but keep going. At almost exactly two miles there will be a turn off to the right. You can turn here but it is a lil rough. if you go around you can come in on the other side.
The main road just makes a giant u turn and the shooting area is just a shortcut across it. Ill try to have a sign up saying where it is.

Otherwise did directions make sense??

That's where you have in mind. Zac and I drove through it when we went shooting, and got a lot of ugly looks. Course we went up the rough way in 2 WD, and most of the shooters went up the easy way in 4wd. :) The Mt. Baldy road has some areas that could use a clean up also.

There is a good chance of rain tomorrow.

I've got the M416 hooked up and ready to go. I also have trash bags. We can get about 70 cubic feet into the M416.

Last edited:
Got all the food ready and have the pop in the frig. I've frozen a bunch of water bottles. I've just got to find my trail cook pots for heating up the beans and the propane stove and grill. Hope to hit the meeting place around 9am.

I still need to hook up a ground wire on my CB. It must be blowing 40mph here and it is nasty with the wind chill.

Sorry guys, we got a late start today and couldn't make it. I will be going to Fox and hound in Lone tree tomorrow at 6 if anyone would like to join us.

Back