• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old pics from Moab 1998

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
The more things change, LOL. I am back in a ZJ again. Picked up a 1998 5.9 Limited.
The pics below are from 1998. Big things were starting back then.
4ff98myzj2.jpg

4ff98myzj.jpg

4ff98group.jpg

4ff983.jpg

4ff982.jpg

4ff981.jpg

4ff98trailhead.jpg

4ff98stuck2.jpg

4ff98stuck.jpg

4ff98ramp.jpg

Almost stock. There was not a whole lot on the market for ZJ's back then. I had an OME lift with a budget boost and sucky doetsch-tech shocks. 31in Pirelli Scorpion tires.

Dang! Look at that stocker flex!

Yes!
You can see him in a few of the pics with his camera. Loop, Beezil, and a few others can be spotted as well. Shame these were taken on a disposable camera and not larger. Heck, back then it was a cool concept. LOL

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. Is the black jeep Turners old jeep?

Way back before 35's were possible on an XJ/MJ/ZJ.

I was probably out playing on the monkey bars at recess while these pictures were taken.

Yup. I think Beezil's was the biggest XJ out there. IIRC, he was running 33's?

Way back before 35's were possible on an XJ/MJ/ZJ.

I was probably out playing on the monkey bars at recess while these pictures were taken.

None, for the moment.

Oh come on, Glenn......it at least needs a 408 stroker! :D

It'crazy seeing how far people have pushed the envelope of what a jeep can do since then.

If I was made out of money... :cheers:
Yeah, the progress over the years has been amazing. But also funny when you notice a lot of people are going back to what we had back then... low COG Jeeps. Almost full circle.

Oh come on, Glenn......it at least needs a 408 stroker! :D

It'crazy seeing how far people have pushed the envelope of what a jeep can do since then.

Re: Re: Old pics from Moab 1998

If I was made out of money... :cheers:
Yeah, the progress over the years has been amazing. But also funny when you notice a lot of people are going back to what we had back then... low COG Jeeps. Almost full circle.
I really enjoy wheeling a small jeep. I've also heard from others that have wheeled big jeeps that they miss wheeling a small jeep and then they built another.

goes to show you don't need big money into your rig to do 90% of what you want to do. 31s got it done back then, people in JKs say you can do that trail without 37s

Great pics, Glenn. The run that kicked off this whole NAXJA thing. White Knuckle Hill in a stockish ZJ, that wouldn't happen today. Did you lose your front bumper cover there? I see it missing on the Golden Crack shot.

My old black 89 is still being driven by the current owner. My dune cresting skills have greatly evolved.....

Last edited:
Yes, ripped the front bumper off at the bottom of White Knuckle Hill. :cheers:

Great pics, Glenn. The run that kicked off this whole NAXJA thing. White Knuckle Hill in a stockish ZJ, that wouldn't happen today. Did you lose your front bumper cover there? I see it missing on the Golden Crack shot.

My old black 89 is still being driven by the current owner. My dune cresting skills have greatly evolved.....

Back