• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay, now im angry, where else could this banging be?

Now that you say that, that could be it. When i turn the ignition off, there is a rattling noise. Now im not sure what a bad tranny mount feels/sounds like, but i can move the tcase around the slightest bit by hand.

Maybe the bushings for your t-case shifter are shot. mine are and it is kinda noisy. I have the kit to replace the bushings, I just hate working outside in the winter.

A note on the tranny mount:
Oil and rubber usually don't get along for extended periods of time. After 100K oil soaked miles from a leaky t-case, my trans mount was squooshy like a sponge... fail. So if yours is covered in oil based turk then I suggest you fix the leak while replacing the mount, otherwise your gonna be replacing it every couple years. My culprit was the front retainer seal of the 231.

just out of curiosity what bushings are you running and what joints are you running on your suspension. If you are using poly bushings or heims that could be were the noise is coming from and you won't get rid of it. Just a thought good luck man!

casteradjuster.jpg

I think we have a winner!!!

what am i looking at? is this panhard mount?

if so.. horrible design. who makes?

Can you read the first post before responding.(n)

Those are IRO long arms, and that is the caster adjuster, The bolt was tight, im just trying to point out that where the bolt slot is, its bent outwards, therefore there was play in the upper control arm mount.

casteradjuster.jpg

I think we have a winner!!!
Glad you found it!

Side note: everyone good at designing suspension parts has been bagging on this kit for this very reason for a long time, and everyone who claims it's awesome anyways has been saying they have no problem with it and the tech guys should just STFU and run it.

Wait, so something went wrong with that weird-ass IRO caster adjuster thingy? I can't say I'm surprised. Now that I see it up close, the design looks even worse.

Is that bracket the only thing holding the arm to the upper mount? And it bent?

Back