• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okay before I Buy My Gear

Mr.G & Family

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
For the lift use a NAXJA Vendor, support those who support you. Personally I ALWAYS get my RE parts through Richard (FullSizeXJ) He always beats everyones prices to my door. Just shoot him a PM with the RE part number and your zip code he'll help you out.

Your gonna want the 15x8 wheels and i couldnt see where it said anything about back spacing... Your gonna want a 4 - 3.75" back spacing.

as for the tires, are you going to DD this at all? TSL are horrible to balance and are very rough on the street. Although they are great off-road, I would suggest something different for a DD.

I bought 5 33'' BFG's and rims to go along from 4wheel parts, I got a good deal mounted and balanced with black chrome lugs for like 1300 OTD

That is with a 100% coverage on and off road warranty...

As for the lift kit, I got my 3.5 RE SF kit from Fullsizexjgear.com

He gave me a disco, it was worth it...

Great service...

He drop ships them from their factory in Cali, so it gets to you pretty quick.

SW ,just beat me to it, lol

You might talk to him about upgrading the trackbar to the HD one. Its stronger at 4.5", but the non HD one doesn't leave you much room to grow.

For the lift use a NAXJA Vendor, support those who support you. Personally I ALWAYS get my RE parts through Richard (FullSizeXJ) He always beats everyones prices to my door. Just shoot him a PM with the RE part number and your zip code he'll help you out.

Your gonna want the 15x8 wheels and i couldnt see where it said anything about back spacing... Your gonna want a 4 - 3.75" back spacing.

as for the tires, are you going to DD this at all? TSL are horrible to balance and are very rough on the street. Although they are great off-road, I would suggest something different for a DD.

x2, 15x8's, and the listing said 4.5", that'll work. Some slight rubbin probably on full lock, but it's a good compromise between too much backspacing.

x2 on the tires, I wouldn't even go as far as work great off-road, but I have no exp.

You might talk to him about upgrading the trackbar to the HD one. Its stronger at 4.5", but the non HD one doesn't leave you much room to grow.

X2

After I got the kit I had DW...

I upgraded to the Extreme Duty TB and it fixed my DW...

A lot beefier, and plenty of room to get taller...

I bought that kit last summer, and like it a lot.

BUT

I would recommend at least considering the 5.5" from RE.

For about an extra $4-500 or so, you get the better track bar (like cal suggested) and track bar mount, and you get drop brackets AND support braces for the drop brackets. Plus, at least for me, the front sat lower than the back, so I now have 1 inch spacers on my 4.5 inch coils to level it out. I would prefer the 5.5 inch coils.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2024&XnPath=180,188&Vid=5DDF997475427

Also, on the wheels... I picked up an alloy rim with the same specs from Discount Tire for $75... in case you're interested in alloys??

Xinfinity!!!!! you will NOT be happy DDing TSLs, especially the bias ply ones. they are almost impossible to balance, and the big chunky tread makes for a very bumpy and noisy ride on the street.

unless you dont care how it rides, like me :D but from experience, its the worst on road ride of any tire ive ever ridden on. if you want to know what im talking about i will be more than happy to give you a ride, but you've gotta come to me, the TSLs dropped my mileage down 4mpg. ;)

Do you plan on trimming? Those 33's will be tight on 3.5"

Xinfinity!!!!! you will NOT be happy DDing TSLs, especially the bias ply ones. they are almost impossible to balance, and the big chunky tread makes for a very bumpy and noisy ride on the street.

unless you dont care how it rides, like me :D but from experience, its the worst on road ride of any tire ive ever ridden on. if you want to know what im talking about i will be more than happy to give you a ride, but you've gotta come to me, the TSLs dropped my mileage down 4mpg. ;)

Okay let me look at my other choices.

I bought that kit last summer, and like it a lot.

BUT

I would recommend at least considering the 5.5" from RE.

For about an extra $4-500 or so, you get the better track bar (like cal suggested) and track bar mount, and you get drop brackets AND support braces for the drop brackets. Plus, at least for me, the front sat lower than the back, so I now have 1 inch spacers on my 4.5 inch coils to level it out. I would prefer the 5.5 inch coils.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2024&XnPath=180,188&Vid=5DDF997475427

Also, on the wheels... I picked up an alloy rim with the same specs from Discount Tire for $75... in case you're interested in alloys??

I think I'm going to start out with the 4.5" lift, and as far as the rims I really like the black look.

Thanks

Okay I'll do that. not much more money anyway.

Thanks!!!

you should also check prices with Loose Nuts Enterprises (Dan Turner) before you order.

Back