• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok, the wishbones out. What front link setup?

Which Link Setup

• Total voters
OK, so Im ignorent. The're the same thing. I was always under the empression that the panhard was flat, and the trackbar was angled. I know they both do the same thing. So I just make it as flat as possible but keeping as close to parrallel with the draglink at the same time. Easy enough.

Thanks, Bitches. Web wheelin is way easier than accualy goin somewhere.

mad maXJ said:
the roll axis is best calculated at the mid-point of the bar, but yes, it will roll around the different ends depending on which way you're turning. it sounded above like his is leaning when he's not turning, which would have to be the engine torque or link geometry, not panhard bar.

:sure:

Huh? Where do you come up with this stuff? If the roll axis was in the center of the TB, then the roll axis would be equal on each side of the TB. If the TB was horizontal then YES the roll axis would be in the center but in a lifted suspension it's way not horizontal. This is WHY you have more body roll to one side than the other.

Book learnin' can only teach you so much Max.

Nay said:
I have a standard longarm setup. No single upper. Under coasting conditions, in twisty turns, the thing just leans a little bit more to the right. The same exact turn angle and speed to the left and it simply leans less. The lean to either direction is relatively minimal, and it is why I don't run a swaybar, which just makes things worse.

I remember reading a post about the trackbar creating multiple roll axis points, and that keeping it close to horizontal was necessary for side to side balance. Not true?

In any case, I probably will go to a single upper at some point, and it will definitely be on the driver's side. I already have the RE bridge welded on to my 44, so that bracket will be very, very simple. Good to know that this might counteract some of the natural "dip" on the passenger side.

Nay

I just divorced my wife, that got rid of my natural "dip" on the passenger side :looser:

Back