• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok.. Odd noises that sound so familiar

Jeezus! Nearly $350 for a new front drive shaft........ that's robbery at it's most hideous. That shop should be ashamed.......

Front Range Driveline down here would charge around $200 for a totally new shaft, but there's absolutely no reason a stock shaft couldn't be rebuilt unless the ends were wallowed out and couldn't take/hold a u-joint.

If all of your noises and issues are contained in the driveshaft, toss it and get a used one from a '97+ XJ.

It was the rear drive shaft actually but I am being told to just go pull a front one off a 91... you have any troy?

Alright! Thanks Frank!

So I picked up the drive shaft... its in pieces. He showed me the things wrong with it and Frank... the centering ball had none of the pieces inside of it... I think my best bet is to just get a new drive shaft..

And I remember making sure all of then were in line... I can't bring it today... I can bring it tomorrow if that works? I need to get this finished by monday because I need to return my rental car..

Anyone know of any jy's that have that year cherokee?? Should I maybe hit up FNJeep?

Went and pulled a front drive shaft out of a 92... it better freakin fit haha

Hahahaha SCREW YOU BOTH! Yes I got my hands dirty... REALLY dirty. And the damn shafts wouldnt stop spinning. But alas, I got it off. Ill take a pic of the little bastard in the morning. Its in my trunk right now.

hahahaha thats awesome, i feel like i watched my own boy grow up :D
just messing with ya (mason isnt online so we cant go after him)

Hahaha its ok. I know I am easy to be picked on :D But I am gonna work harder to work on my own shit.

hey we all sucked (or still suck) at workin on our own shit at some point, part of the game, just gets too expensive to have someone else do it for you

Back