• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adapter Torx Bolt

I ended up removing the bolt "Rich's way." I put the T-60 bit (that I drove out of a cheap socket) into the boxed end of a combo-wrench. Then I locked another combo-wrench box end into the open end of the first wrench.

Rereading that, it sounds tough to follow, but if you take two wrenches and hold them end to end, you'll see how they can lock together, and give extra leverage.

Steve

Yeah I know that trick but I for some reason I couldn't get to it easily from the top end (can now after the modification) the angle made the a/c stuff in the way. And underneath the jeep I did try using 2 wrenches but it was hard to coordinate them into place without a third hand and not have the torx bit falling out (I do have good hand-eye coordination thank you very much) It was dirty under there and hot :flamemad: that day so I got tired of it quickly. I thought "ok, I'm gonna cut the torx tool, its cheep anyway- I get NAPA stuff almost at cost- and then I'm welding it into the bolt afterwards" So I did and it worked. Anyway, that oil filter bolt shouldn't be such a PITA for something that will leak again after 30k anyway. But, whatever works for you is good too, right?

Back