• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Trail List

Kind of sucks I'm going to miss Hell's Revenge. Not only is it a trail I want to run, but I want to see how my XJ compares to a stock Kia Sorento. :D I'm showing up Tuesday so I'll probably miss that one, and I'm not missing Pritchett Canyon on Thursday.

Kind of sucks I'm going to miss Hell's Revenge. Not only is it a trail I want to run, but I want to see how my XJ compares to a stock Kia Sorento. :D I'm showing up Tuesday so I'll probably miss that one, and I'm not missing Pritchett Canyon on Thursday.

No worries, we can run Hell’s the three of us, Hell’s gate and Escalator are a must.

No worries, we can run Hell’s the three of us, Hell’s gate and Escalator are a must.

Perfect, maybe run those once Jessica and my son get out there. I definitely want to do Moab Rim with them.

The NWC should be arriving in town sometime on the 6th. Not sure what everyone's plans are for Sun-Mon, but here's what we're thinking. If anyone is interested in tagging along, let me know we'd be happy to have you.

Sunday: Hells Revenge, Potato Salad
Monday: Triple Trail aka Gold Bar, Golden Spike, Poison Spider... if all goes well.

Wednesday: Behind the Rocks (not on the official list, but I'd like to run it)

Here at long last is the official trail schedule.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-ByZRL2OrRA5Zo_OMhjjVnYA5RC1lOj/view?usp=sharing

I strongly suggest that you subscribe to this thread while in Moab so that you will be alerted to any postings because if anything should change -- a run gets cancelled or a staging area needs to be moved -- this is where I'll post it.

I want to again thank everyone who has volunteered to lead a run. I look forward to seeing you all in Moab in about three weeks!

Here at long last is the official trail schedule.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m-ByZRL2OrRA5Zo_OMhjjVnYA5RC1lOj/view?usp=sharing

I strongly suggest that you subscribe to this thread while in Moab so that you will be alerted to any postings because if anything should change -- a run gets cancelled or a staging area needs to be moved -- this is where I'll post it.

I want to again thank everyone who has volunteered to lead a run. I look forward to seeing you all in Moab in about three weeks!

It's the BLM fees that are paid, yes?

Yup stand by on the fees, I want to double check with AL, but I believe those are the fees NAXJA is paying in the registration already.

mac ‘don’t sweat it’ gyvr

There is a footnote at the bottom of the page which indicates BLM fees are paid, but not gate fees (I think some of those are private property).

One of the gate fees is for crossing private property. The others go to the Sands Flat Recreation Area. NAXJA is prepaying the BLM fees for members, as per the footnote.

Its right where US 191 meets State Route 128, aka, River Road. Enter Moab Transit Hub on Google Maps and it pops right up.

So where it says $5 BLM fee, NAXJA is paying that in registration.

mac 'sorry that I confused folks' gyvr

I attached the list to a thread and made it a sticky so it's easy to find.

Click here.

mac 'just around the corner' gyvr

On the subject of fees and whatnot, I've noticed in the Wells guide about the ohv permit being available at various locations around Moab. This is something I need to get, correct or no?
The wife and I are on target to arrive some time Monday, and aren't running trails Tuesday. Rather we are going to visit arches and get the lay of the land that day. And stock up on food stuffs. That way I can be rested and ready to lead my group on Wednesday and Thursday.
Rich

You have essentially an OHV permit the trails being run. You are covered in the BLM agreement that pays $5.00/day for each vehicle registered for the Fall Fling. The exceptions are the Sand Flats entrance fee for some trails in that area and if you run Pritchett which goes across private property. They charge something like $3.00/vehicle.

Behind the Rocks Saturday is scratched due to a lack of interest. If you signed up to run it, please pick another trail from the remaining options. Thank you.

Back