• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off road Trailer question

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, this is a long shot but about 3 months ago I saw a thread on Facebook about a guy building an expedition trailer based on a Harbor Freight frame. Does anyone by chance have a link to that build thread? Thanks

Personally I wouldn't. First of all you would need to reinforce the HF frame to deal with the rigors of off-road travel. Second you would need to replace their jokes of leaf springs. Third you may need to replace the axle depending on what model you got.

By then you might as well build (or have a friend help you build) your own frame out of box tube.

One more point - If you're going to do any dirt I highly recommend a three-axis coupler. Ball mounts get cammed off very easily offroad.

Personally I wouldn't. First of all you would need to reinforce the HF frame to deal with the rigors of off-road travel. Second you would need to replace their jokes of leaf springs. Third you may need to replace the axle depending on what model you got.

By then you might as well build (or have a friend help you build) your own frame out of box tube.

One more point - If you're going to do any dirt I highly recommend a three-axis coupler. Ball mounts get cammed off very easily offroad.

Here is an example of what I did. If you can weld, it isn't that hard or expensive.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081897

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Back