• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oddly optioned xj's

How about the basest Xj you can buy...
5 speed
no power ANYTHING
came with AM/FM
No skids
no tow hooks
no tint

But get this...

Upgraded the tires and rims from the dealer but decided to not get a 2" lift so that the tires wouldn't rub under full turn.

How about the basest Xj you can buy...
5 speed
no power ANYTHING
came with AM/FM
No skids
no tow hooks
no tint

But get this...

Upgraded the tires and rims from the dealer but decided to not get a 2" lift so that the tires wouldn't rub under full turn.

Not the basest there is, unless it also lacks rear defrost and wiper, remote mirrors, gauges, roof rack and a few other details. It's very rare to find a base base without some options thrown in. I've seen a few, often in 2 door. My 95 has the mirror/defroster package, roof rack and AC, but no power accessories. Console and carpets. It did get the rear sound bar, too. I don't know whether that was standard with a radio. No tilt or gauges.

Here's our '95 Sport, was park ranger car in north Jersey somewhere near the ocean. Has P/W, PDL, cruise, but no roof rack, had no center console,etc.
100_0116-1.jpg

Now, it got almost every option we could get: Country interior, ZJ 16" wheels, just got new rockers and floors a month ago, real factory tinted glass
100_0855.jpg

It isn't mine but I have seen a Jeep local to me that is a 97+ and appears to be a classic. It has no roof rack and a two tone paint job. Light blue on top, and a darker grey on the fender flares, bumpers and under the door guards. I'll have to get some pics eventually.

89 xj wagoneer limited:
power windows/locks/seats
window lock switch
np242
4.0l
dana 30/35
3.73 gears
trailer hitch, but not a reciever
auto trans with power comfort switch
cruise control
full skids(front, tcase, gas tank)
rear wiper/washer/defrost
fold out vent windows on front doors
full burgundy leather interior w/ leather seats
rear light with switch that can stay off, or come on only when hatch is open
rubber 'jeep' floormats but full burgundy carpet underneath
dual cup holder above ebrake, with switch for power/heated mirrors built into it
small speakers in the dash under far left & right vents
no keyless entry or overhead console
lighted vanity mirrors in the visors
cb radio? (there's a rubber plug in the middle of the roof)
jensen 2 way speakers(replaced b/c they were blown)
transmission cooler (not built into radiator)
underhood light that pulls out with a cord, similar to 90's chevy pickups

not necessarily odd, but there aren't a whole lot of wagoneers around here, xj or otherwise, and i have one of each....
PA060122.jpg

PA060120.jpg

Not the basest there is, unless it also lacks rear defrost and wiper, remote mirrors, gauges, roof rack and a few other details. It's very rare to find a base base without some options thrown in. I've seen a few, often in 2 door. My 95 has the mirror/defroster package, roof rack and AC, but no power accessories. Console and carpets. It did get the rear sound bar, too. I don't know whether that was standard with a radio. No tilt or gauges.

Yeah, no tilt or gauges for me either, I did upgrade to the guages this summer. It does have rear defroster and wiper, luggage rack, AC and PS, but that's about it. The only power thing I have is PS haha! Of course, most of us have the 4x4 option.

92 xj,
no markings on exterior as to what model it may be (think it's a sport)
4L
auto trans with part time t-case
no power locks, windows, mirrors or seats
no rear wiper or defroster
factory installed lift
no skid plating

Last edited:
I think we just scored one of the most unusual XJ's I've personally ever come across.
stormjan22010wagoneercomeshome038ed.jpg

Most Waggy's I've seen around here are fully loaded Limiteds, and even the non-limiteds I have seen have been highly optioned. So, this one strikes me as just a little odd:

1987 XJ Wagoneer
Manual windows, mirrors, locks, etc
No tilt or cruise
basic cloth seats
15x6 steelies
Mini console
does have full guages and A/C
and...
4.0L, B/A10-5, NP231
This is the only wagoneer I've ever seen (after 86) with anything but the 4.0L, AW4, NP242 combo.

I recently bought my 97xj sport
what it has:
4.0, ax15, 231, pwr windows, pwr doorlocks, pwr mirrors, infinity sound, over head console am/ fm cassette and cd, full size spare, cloth seats, factory tint.

what it doesnt have:
skids of any kind, towhooks, tow package.

ive got all the stock parts in the gerage to fix the dont haves though

DSCN0871-1.jpg

what it has:
4.0, ax15, 231, pwr windows, pwr doorlocks, pwr mirrors, infinity sound, over head console am/ fm cassette and cd, full size spare, cloth seats, factory tint.

what it doesnt have:

Doesn't seem to odd to me.

Yeah, sounds like a standard Sport. Mine didn't come with any skidplates either.

I had RKE (doesn't work anymore, not sure if it is the remote or my screwing around with the RKE board to make it fit in the OHC I installed) and full tint, and that silly little cupholder that clips to the side of the center console. Those are the only strange options I got.

what it has:

what it doesnt have:

ive got all the stock parts in the gerage to fix the dont haves though

Wait, does it have the full overhead console? With computer?
If so, thats rare on a sport.

I recently saw a sport in the jy, and it was a basic power everything, (mirrors, doors) but the drivers seat was power, which I thought was strange.

Back