• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD2 scanner

I just ordered a USB dongle. I don't have a droid and my smart phone is an underachiever.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Josh

Just got it and the POS does not work. Going to try to get it working today and if it does not work I will return it and get one of the ScanTool.net units.

Should have done that in the first place.

Just got it and the POS does not work. Going to try to get it working today and if it does not work I will return it and get one of the ScanTool.net units.

Should have done that in the first place.

I just got one also. I got it to work but it doesn't look like you get live sensor data, or I haven't found it yet. Are you getting any error messages?

I just got one also. I got it to work but it doesn't look like you get live sensor data, or I haven't found it yet. Are you getting any error messages?

I have tried it on two different laptops and three different cars and I always get an error that it can't interface with the ELM327. The chip must be dead.

I contacted the seller and he offered to send a new one if I send this one back but I am just going to get my money back and buy a unit for scantool.net

I should have done this in the first place, the cost was not much more.

Which one did you guys order?

Mine works great in '97 xj and '97 lx450, reads/displays live data, Torque records the data, reads/clears codes etc.

Maybe it is the laptop or software?

I purchased this one from eBay. The seller has been very cool about everything and offered to send another one but I decided to go with scantool.net. The unit just seemed to be a dud. I tried it on two laptops, three cars and four software demo packages. Nothing could interface with the ODB2 dongle let alone the cars computer.

I am sure that if I got another one it would prob work just fine but I am not in the mood nor do I have the time to waste on another chance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290577451617?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I should have scantool.net unit on Sat or Monday!

http://www.scantool.net/scan-tools/pc-based/obdlink-sx.html

BTW what software are you running?

Back