• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA SCUBA?

Yea yea, I know its a waste and probably not worth it. I was just wondering because they were readily available, etc. In the long run, I would be better off buying http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_AIR-TANK-PORTABLE-Tailgate_9014780-P_N3185_A%7CGRP2068________
For $30 in stock right down the street, its worth the effort of connecting the heavy ass SCUBA tanks. I agree.

Now I need hoses, fittings, pressure switch, and regulator. Any good place to source the check valves? Oh, and oiler/filter. Am I missing anything?
Thanks again guys for all your input (and for talking me out of a dumb idea:spin1:).

Yep... just run a filter/oil+water+dust separator on the line coming out of the compressor to catch it again. I like the sintered brass element ones that Home Depot / Lowes sell for air tools. Don't want a compressed air/oil mix in those tanks, it seems like a great way to :explosion:

If you were suitably motivated, you could then put a filter and a water separator on the outlet of the air filter, and feed the oil back into the inlet of the compressor.

I like the diagram in there very much and will basically be doing that same thing, except with a regulator off the tank. I have never thought about the disco under the hood as well, seems like it could be useful for sure.

Where can I find check valves? Home Depot had 1/2" but the were sweat, no 1/4" at all. I will be checking Grainger tomorrow as they seem to have a lot of options for them.

Another thing; should I have the unloader line? (as seen in the diagram from the link.) Seems like it would make the pump last longer, as regular compressors do 'hiss' after the pressure switch shuts it down.

I don't exactly know the reason as to why that particular model of pressure switch required an unloader line from the check valve. I'm sure it is all dependent on what pressure switch you go with. The paragraph under the tank pictures explains it. I'm not a professional by any means on AC systems, but I'm fairly sure they don't have a unloader line.

Back