• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

Outdoors said:
I still show up with my LJ, so as was said earlier you bet.. It's just a good group here for sure...

you guys'll be good. I was XJ'less in 05, and wheeled w/ my CJ. Course due to the army and their lovely idea of camping, i keep missing all the good wheeling:(

XJCasper said:
So, what is the quickest way from Tacoma or Olympia?

Thanks
Jason

From Tacoma, Highway 410 over the pass, left on Little Naches Road. From Olympia it MIGHT be quicker over SR12, then left on 410.... but I'm not sure. I'm sure someone else will chime in or you could mapquest it.

J

XJCasper said:
So, what is the quickest way from Tacoma or Olympia?

Thanks
Jason

jason,
takin white pass should be the fastest, unless you can cut partway through the nat. park and it dumps ya out in either packwood or randall (cant remember). thats generally the way i head home from lewis on weekends, takes me roughly 5 hours, but thats only cuz i live all the way SE of the yak.

just dont take i5 down till u hit 410, that takes too long. go the backway down thru spanaway (yelm, roy, mckenna, etc. .) then go that way. I dont have a roadmap handy otherwise i could tell ya better.

My departure location depends on whether I leave form Work Friday night, or my house (Yelm). Saturday morning.

I am trying to get a location on Mapquest.

XJCasper said:
My departure location depends on whether I leave form Work Friday night, or my house (Yelm). Saturday morning.

I am trying to get a location on Mapquest.

ok. from yelm its easy. take highway whatever it is (the one that runs the backside of lewis) to that 3 way stop in spanaway next to the gas station and whatnot, and hang a right and just keep goin lol. i think it brings ya out in packwood?

i know, my directions are not near helpful enuf

I can't wait. It's been a busy winter season for me and I haven't had a lot of time for wheeling. Naches is one of my favorite locations though. I'll be attending with a camo 89 xj. Does anybody know where the official camp/gathering/meeting place will be?

Avanteone said:
Camping will be in what I believe to be called "Long Meadow". Up Little Naches Road, left @ the large concrete bridge over the river. Follow for a couple hundred yards, as the road starts to curve left and goes from paved to gravel, there's a sharper left that heads into an open field and the road is a loop, we'll be somewhere down there :) NW Forest Pass is not required @ Naches.

J

Here be the camping spots. :pirate1:

-Alex

Thanks! Guess I shoulda looked deeper into the forum. I checked the usgs map and there is a "Longmire" meadow and a "lost" meadow not to far from each other. I guess I'll just look for the other mass congregations of xj's and jeeps when the time comes.

Last edited:
comanchekid said:
I'm in for this always fun at naches...

Who's guest are you going as?
angry-smiley-047.gif

CanMan said:
This years NWFest will be another great one. Great wheeling, good times, and family friendly fun. It is being held the weekend of June 27th-29th, at Naches, Washington. I will be there early Thursday, to claim camp. So, show up from Thursday on. :thumbup:

There are trails for all kinds of rigs, from stock to heavily modified. We will need a few trail leaders, that know the area, and can lead different groups. Ill dig up some maps and make copies for everyone to have.

It is open to members and non members. You have to be at least 18 years of age to attend(NAXJA insurance reasons). All attendies must sign a liability waiver, including passengers. Passengers do not have to be of 18 years old to ride along.

Your rig must abide by the NAXJA bylaw guidelines, moreso the Sponsered Events and Trips section, Article IX.

http://www.naxja.org/html/bylaws.htm

Dinner will once again be sponsored by John Mathews of Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. Im sure it will be the great chicken and his wife's awesome patato salad. Ill be bringing soda pop, chips, and plates. If you would like to help out, bring what you can, it is appreciated. We will need a headcount on this, so we will know how much food to bring.

For the raffle, it will be the same as last years. Once again, Auburn Car Repair and Offroad is going to donate some prizes for the raffle. If anyone would like to donate anything, let one of the chapter officers know, or post up.

Hope to see everyone there!

Never been to Naches.Anybody have exact address so i can mapquest. also how people trailer their rigs. this year i have no means of tow rig so i will be driving(wheeling) and driving back.I will have all the usual necessarys (strap, spare, etc.)along with spare long front shaft and u joints. what else would be proper?As i would hate to limp the heep home 180 miles .

I will be driving. I could borrow my brother's truck and beg my parents to borrow their Truck, but would rather not at this point.

mudrat said:
Never been to Naches.Anybody have exact address so i can mapquest. also how people trailer their rigs. this year i have no means of tow rig so i will be driving(wheeling) and driving back.I will have all the usual necessarys (strap, spare, etc.)along with spare long front shaft and u joints. what else would be proper?As i would hate to limp the heep home 180 miles .

Well, you would head north on Interstate 5. Take the SR512 exit toward Puyallup. Follow it until you have to merge onto SR167. Then get onto SR410, east toward Yakima. Drive for a good hour and a half, until you come up to Little Naches road. Take a left down it. Once you come to a bridge crossing the Naches River, follow the NAXJA signs to camp.

Alternate directions are, if you can take Interstate 5 north, you can follow SR12 east, but you'd have to backtrack some to get to Little Naches.

All spares you could think of, that you can get your hands on. Axle shafts front and rear, a hub, various engine electronics, driveshaft u joints, fluids, ect.. most the time anyone would have something that can help get you back home.

Does anybody know when Chinook pass opens this year? I am pretty sure the Naches trail will be buried pretty deep in snow near the summit, even at the end of June, so I am going to try to drive up and over 410 through Mt. Rainier Nat. Park and swing into camp from that direction. :helpme:

thethinginthewoods said:
Does anybody know when Chinook pass opens this year? I am pretty sure the Naches trail will be buried pretty deep in snow near the summit, even at the end of June, so I am going to try to drive up and over 410 through Mt. Rainier Nat. Park and swing into camp from that direction. :helpme:

WSDOT says Chinook pass is still scheduled to open for Memorial Day Weekend. The Naches trail does not open from the West side until July 15th.

John

Back