• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWFest '08

Alright, sounds good. Just keep me posted. I'll plan on being there around 9:45 in my camo xj. Thanks -Brian

thethinginthewoods said:
Alright, sounds good. Just keep me posted. I'll plan on being there around 9:45 in my camo xj. Thanks -Brian

Look for this:

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

Just a heads up, my dad and his "posse" will be in the area on their motorcycles (dual sports) part of the weekend. They're traveling by FS roads, so I'm not sure when they will actually arrive.

So if you see a group of motorcycles going through camp, they're with me. :wave1:

hey guys....

Remove one of the RSVP rigs... One of the guys in my group is backing out.

The rest of us should be showing up around 2pm on Friday.

Later,
Tim

think pat hatten would be mad if i took his jeep for those that know him. his jeeps been at my place for the last 7 months since ge moved. :)

Damn i break my computer and then see this in my own backyard too late.

No that many of you are still left at home but I might show up late sat afternoon and say hi to some of you.

Dingo

Hey all, unfortunately Kyle and I had to blast off early this morning (Saturday) and couldn't stay for the rest of the event because of work. We had a great time and it was awesome getting to meet all of you. We saw some pretty sick ass jeeps and came home with a few ideas. I am looking forward to the next Naxja meeting. We came home with minimal trail damage, but it could be the mud and trail dust holding all together like glue. Thanks for the laughs and we'll see everyone next time!

Definately a good time!

For those of you who were wondering, I made it home great...Rich had the right idea to unplug the battery and let the computer codes reset.

P.S. I just realized I dont remember the $250 gift card being raffled...

Muddy Beast said:
Definately a good time!

For those of you who were wondering, I made it home great...Rich had the right idea to unplug the battery and let the computer codes reset.

P.S. I just realized I dont remember the $250 gift card being raffled...

Glad you enjoyed it! I didn't do the gift certificate and did the M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mounts instead.

John

Avanteone said:
Glad you enjoyed it! I didn't do the gift certificate and did the M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mounts instead.

John

Ahhh ok. I had a feeling that was what happend, just checking. :rof:

Forgive me for being ignorant, but i wasn't there for the raffle. Did muddybeast win the raffle or what?

Hey John (or any other PNW member), did any of our group members bust anything serious Saturday? I think i heard that one of you guys busted an axle shaft or two, but was there anything freakin' awesome that I missed?

Well, yes, but he didn't caravan up with us. The red late model from canadia was running lift blocks and on an obstacle totally blew them up and the rear axle broke free and took out the drive shaft. After alot of time and a trip to yakima he got it off the trail and back to camp around 11, i think.

We got him finished up around 11:30PM and then went to Moon Rocks for some star gazing. We made it back to camp around 1:00AM. Andy then had to drive to Seattle to be on a plane to go home to Wyoming at 6:00AM.

I just inspected the underside of the beast and discovered that i am missing a shim, leaf spring, both lift blocks and the bolts are trashed on my d44. I am surprised i didn't hear and feel more on the way home on Saturday. (Considering i drove it and didn't trailer it, I am surprised that there isn't more damage!)

noutlawjeeper said:
Well, yes, but he didn't caravan up with us. The red late model from canadia was running lift blocks and on an obstacle totally blew them up and the rear axle broke free and took out the drive shaft. After alot of time and a trip to yakima he got it off the trail and back to camp around 11, i think.

Guys name was Andy right? I'm pretty sure. Had the snorkle, etc.

thethinginthewoods said:
I just inspected the underside of the beast and discovered that i am missing a shim, leaf spring, both lift blocks and the bolts are trashed on my d44. I am surprised i didn't hear and feel more on the way home on Saturday. (Considering i drove it and didn't trailer it, I am surprised that there isn't more damage!)
How did you drive all the way home and not notice you are missing a leaf spring?

NickThePyro said:
How did you drive all the way home and not notice you are missing a leaf spring?

Probably just a single spring, most likely the smallest one on the bottem, not the whole pack. Pretty easy to miss because you just think your lean is worse then before.

-Alex

Back