• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now that the "clunkers" will be hitting the yards........

I went to the JY today and only the engines were painted orange there were alot of XJ's from 96+ I'd say prolly 15-20 of them I was the first person to open the hoods on some of these and when I opened the hood coolant came dripping off the nooks and crannys of the hood. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I don't know how crushing all the older cars is going to help the economy.
O, I can't wait till he gives out money to people linked to slaves. That will help the economy!! Big rims and speakers. Not paying off credit cards and debts... Lol Canada looks better and better every day. Just for 4 to 8 years...

O, I can't wait till he gives out money to people linked to slaves. That will help the economy!! Big rims and speakers. Not paying off credit cards and debts... Lol Canada looks better and better every day. Just for 4 to 8 years...
If that's your attitude then why don't you go to Canada? We have enough racial bullshit here as it is :mad:

knock off the racist BS. I see more whitetrash and hispanic guys with riced out hondas around here than I do black people, stupidity is truly colorblind... except in your case I guess?

This thread is about cash for clunkers and what it will do to the scrapyard inventory, not what crazy thing you think the President* is going to do next.

Also - I was BSing with the guys at my local Pick-N-Pull today just before they opened, they were annoyed by cash for clunkers because it actually limits the number of vehicles they have managed to get. Apparently the dealerships around here are trying to recoup some of those hundreds of dollars they lose to admin costs for every clunker deal by hiking prices they charge for junked cars (!), the guys were saying that they had to walk away and find other ways to get junkers when the dealerships started asking for 500 dollars per clunker. No, that is not a typo. Would YOU pay 500 dollars for a clunkermobile with a shot engine?

* I did not vote for him, but he is still the President

who invented cash for clunkers anyways? you get $3500-4500 towards a BRAND NEW vehicle. I dont know about you but i need a shit load more than that to buy a new car.

XXXX THE GOVERNMENT!!!! I'LL KEEP MY FREEDOM, MONEY, AND JEEP

knock off the racist BS. I see more whitetrash and hispanic guys with riced out hondas around here than I do black people, stupidity is truly colorblind... except in your case I guess?

This thread is about cash for clunkers and what it will do to the scrapyard inventory, not what crazy thing you think the President* is going to do next.

Also - I was BSing with the guys at my local Pick-N-Pull today just before they opened, they were annoyed by cash for clunkers because it actually limits the number of vehicles they have managed to get. Apparently the dealerships around here are trying to recoup some of those hundreds of dollars they lose to admin costs for every clunker deal by hiking prices they charge for junked cars (!), the guys were saying that they had to walk away and find other ways to get junkers when the dealerships started asking for 500 dollars per clunker. No, that is not a typo. Would YOU pay 500 dollars for a clunkermobile with a shot engine?

* I did not vote for him, but he is still the President

$500 per clunker eh..........if I could find a clean XJ that's the same year (and preferable another Limited) as mine with otherwise usable components.....HELL YEA!!! I'd spend some time stripping the usable stuff of it for my truck.

Most of the dealers out here are getting $200.00-$250.00 from the scrap yards. You will see most of the vehicles hit the yards in the next 10 days, the reason is nobody has been paid yet and the smart dealers are not going to blow up the vehicles until the money is in the bank.

Would YOU pay 500 dollars for a clunkermobile with a shot engine?

But they aren't all true clunkers! For example, would you pay $500 for a 2001 XJ with a bad engine? I'd jump on that! heck.. they sell the transmission alone for $250, and that is a low price.

But they aren't all true clunkers! For example, would you pay $500 for a 2001 XJ with a bad engine? I'd jump on that! heck.. they sell the transmission alone for $250, and that is a low price.
My friend works for Scott in allentown pa and they had a bunch of XJ's traded in for it. They also had a 2002 lincoln navigator! I don't know why but they blew the engine up and sent it for scrap! This cash for clunkers is really dissapointing to me personally. I love driving old pieces of junk. There are less and less like me though so I guess thats all thats to it.

I hope I have a decent chance of getting some Cash for Clunkers Jeeps in the yard near me, I know it sucks but it'd be great to find a '97+ XJ in Ecology or PYP in Chula Vista since I need some things.

Back