• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nov 19th - Motorcycle Ride Food Drive (Informal)

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

This is a very informal food drive motorcycle ride.

I decided to put this ride together because there are people who need food and I like to ride. I figured that if I have enough money to put gas in my motorcycle, then I can spare a little bit food to help some people in need.

There are no minimum requirements for a food donation. If you are so inclined to donate, great. If you do not want to donate, that is totally okay. I'm not pressuring anyone into giving nor riding. If you want to come out and ride, I welcome you.

It will be Santiago Canyon and Ortega Highway.
Here's a MAP.

I'm trying to find a place at the beginning of the ride where we can meet, drop off the food, then go on our ride. So far, it looks like the meeting place will either be in Buena Park or UC Irvine.

I really want this to be as easy as possible for people. I plan on getting items out of my pantry and loading up my pockets. I figure that I can get at least four cans of food in my jacket. If anyone wants to bring more or less, COOL.

Here is a list of the most needed items.
• Canned Vegetables
• Canned Fruit
• Canned Soup
• Canned Tuna
• Canned Stews
• Beans
• Rice
• Pasta
• Peanut Butter (plastic containers)
• Thanksgiving items - canned pumpkin, canned cranberry sauce, stuffing mix etc.

For Children
• Granola bars
• Raisins
• Fruit cups
• Whole-grain crackers
• Peanut butter and jelly
• Cereal
• Nuts
• Juice boxes (100% juice)

If for whatever reason I can't find a place to drop off the food near our starting location and we have a decent turn out, then I will forgo the ride and drive my car to the starting point to gather the food myself and drop it off the next day so that everyone else can continue with the ride.

By the way, I plan on doing the ride even if only one other person shows up. Either way, I'll be dropping off food that morning.

The only thing I ask is that you post up, PM me, or e-mail me that you will or might come out so I know how many people to expect and how to work out the details.

Thanks,
Elias
ELIASJ123 AT YAHOO DOT COM

once you get everything up and going, post a paypal account for us lazy types. i'd like to help, but not much of a wheeler, or a biker.

Thanks for the interest.

XCM - Since this is not a fund raiser by an official organization, I don't have an account set up to take donations and I'm not sure that the Fire Department has anything setup for money donations either.

The food will be going to Food Banks. I'll see if there's a way to send money electronically.

Thanks,
Elias

UPDATE!!

Meeting Location: Starbucks - 3630 E. Chapman Ave Orange, CA 92869
Meeting Time: 9:15am
Departure Time: 10:00am

MAP

Food will be donated to the Orange County Food Bank.

My wife will meet us there to pick up the food and we will drop it off the following Monday on the 21st.

Here is a list of the most needed items:
1. Easy Open Food - Pop Tops (canned meats, tuna, Spam, Vienna sausage, ravioli, chili)
2. Canned Fruits
3. Canned Meat
4. Canned Vegetables
5. Dry Foods (beans, rice, pasta, macaroni & cheese, cup-o-soup, cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix)
6. Personal Care Items (deodorant, feminine napkins, diapers, tooth brush and tooth paste, shampoo, soap)
7. Peanut Butter
8. Snacks (energy bars, granola bars, fruit leathers)
9. Drinks (juice, bottled water, coffee, tea)

This has been posted on a Sportster Forum and will be posted on a Spyder forum.

If you do plan on joining us, please send me a PM or E-Mail so I can gauge how many people to expect.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Thanks,
Elias
ELIASJ123 AT YAHOO

Hey,

It should be nice and cool on the 19th.

I know Goatfest if the hot topic. However, feel free to join the ride if you'll be in town. There is no obligation to donate food.

Thanks,
E

Hey Andy,

What bike did you get?? I sold my CBR RR a couple of years ago and bought an '05 Harley Sportster Low.

I stopped going fast way before I sold my sportbike.

E

Re: Nov 19th - Motorcycle OnRide Food Drive (Informal)

One last bump. This is not going to be a big group ride (It was never intended to be.)

It should be nice & cool.

E

Back