• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not the right water pump pulley

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
The link says it is for fan pulley, eve though it says its for the water pump. Maybe you bought the wrong pulley?

It may indeed be a fan pulley, but it also says:

Technical Details

• Fits 1987 to 1991 XJ Cherokee
  • Fits 1987 to 1991 MJ Comanche
  • 4.0L 6 cylinder engines

• Mounts to water pump
  • 4.57" diameter
  • Smooth
Many engines the fan is on the water pump. But not the XJ 4.0

I google searched for water pump pulley and it was one of the few links that got me to the part in a half search last year. I missed the "Fan" conflict in the data on the page.

Now I wonder if all the goofball parts stores call the water pulley something else.

The link says it is for fan pulley, eve though it says its for the water pump. Maybe you bought the wrong pulley?

Ad says it MOUNTS TO WATER PUMP.

I've got a 1991 with air conditioning, the pulley in the link does not match any of mine. My FAN pulley mounts to an auxiliary shaft which is part of the air condition compressor bracket. It has a flange toward front to keep belt from slipping off. My water pump pulley is nearly flat across the front, no flange.

I'll bet air conditioning makes a difference.
-

Back