• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not many here know, but I am sick

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
I have been going to the VA since the late 80's. My back and my neck got screwed up while in the service. It happens. Some pain killers, muscle relaxers usually did the trick, for a bit.

A few years ago, the pain became unbearable. A few trips to the ER, they sent me to a doc. This doc started trying new meds on me. New ideas, new concepts. I was hopeful. Until one day.

One day, I developed diarrhea. Constant, explosive. **** my life, type poops. This only occurred after this "doctor" was messing around with my meds.

Well over 2 years now with this same problem. Maybe 6 months ago, after a Congressional Inquiry, I was assigned the Chief of the GI Clinic. He was to be my sole provider, as he recognized I had been seen by dozens of students, and the prolonged my illness.

Yet here I am, still sick. So maybe if I am grumpy, pissy, it is because I cannot go outside and enjoy life.

Phone call from today: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B13tMeHEKYbrRUFtWUxTd3cwVjg

Sorry to hear this, Glenn. Sounds like a lot of runaround.

I did enjoy the one time we've had a chance to meet face to face, in Victorville. Hopefully, we'll get another chance at some point.

David Bricker / SYR

Sorry to hear this. Easier said than done, I know, but keep the spirits up.

Two years with diarrhea? What's the diagnosis? Have they ruled out UC or Crohn's?

Sounds like you are being seen by committee and no one, not even the current guy, has a clue what they are doing.

Dayum.

It might be time to start researching eastern medicine. Western medicine does some things really well, and falls flat on its face with others. This is sounding like an example of the latter.

Hang in there, and I hope you find a solution soon.

Sounds like you are being seen by committee and no one, not even the current guy, has a clue what they are doing.

Dayum.

It might be time to start researching eastern medicine. Western medicine does some things really well, and falls flat on its face with others. This is sounding like an example of the latter.

Hang in there, and I hope you find a solution soon.
My neighbor after years of pain from degenerating discs finally was prescribed THC as an alternative to the years of pain pills. It's been amazingly effective for him.

Glenn, I hope that you can finally get the care you deserve and the relief you seek. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
:patriot:

Any chance the doc gave you "C-Diff" (or made you vulnerable to it)? Symptoms sound a little like what happened to my grandmother a few years back.

In any event, keep fighting - don't let it win.

Sorry to hear of the health problems Glenn.

After years of bad diagnosis by DR's my Sister ended up experimenting with her diet.
She read up on GI related issues and moved to a gluten free, and largely low salt and dairy diet. She also reduced fatty meats.

Since that she's active and an avid cyclist and kayacker.

Hope you get well soon!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Yeah, THC and all of that is out, I am being treated by the VA. It is against Fed law, so that is a no-go. They do test me for it.

Yeah, the gluten free crap, went through that early on. No-go, was not it. It took cameras up my butt, biopsies, etc... before they ruled that out.

Hope they find the fix soon. Hang in there.

I can feel for you. My daughter had ulcerative colitis and had to have her colon removed and a new one fashioned from a piece of her small intestine. She averaged 6 weeks a year in the hospital while in college. She didn't have insurance so guess who got to pay.

Hope they find the fix soon. Hang in there.

I can feel for you. My daughter had ulcerative colitis and had to have her colon removed and a new one fashioned from a piece of her small intestine. She averaged 6 weeks a year in the hospital while in college. She didn't have insurance so guess who got to pay.

Same here, fellow "J-poucher". That's why I asked if there was a diagnosis yet or if UC or Crohn's were ruled out.

Yes, diagnosis of SIBO, collagenous colitis, IBS D, and other auto-immune diseases.

If anybody out there thinks the government should be involved in medical care, please, feel free to come to my house so I can punch you in the throat.

If you think the gov should be involved in healthcare, feel free to come to a VA Hospital and see what happens.

Glenn,
I have had UC since the early 80,s. I had a serious reaction to the standard sulfa drug,so I was on prednsone (sp) for over 10 years.I was put on Dipentum as soon as it was a legal drug in the USA.This was a great help at a now great cost($4200)for 90 days.
Also I had to change my diet-cut out or severally limit dairy products.Another help has been a pro-biotic for the gut.Lots of drugs kill off the good gut bugs as well as the bad. Adding more good bugs has helped me.
Hope they can get your problem under control.

Yup, been on pro-biotics for a while now. Took a bit for the Rx to go through, as it is "non-formulary". Gotta love government health care. LOL

Back