• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not flexing after lift

I would guess stock brakelines, too short shocks, and binding on the lower mounts. 6ish on short arms with no drop brackets (yeah it rides like crap but does ok on the trail). Best picture I have atm but you get the idea. For brakelines both front and rear rubber lines off a "95 wrangler" (ay that to the parts guy) gets you cheap good extensions. This picture is when my stock relocated lines were still my limiting strap lol

scaled.php

scaled.php

I didn't wheel often enough for them to become much of an issue but I was always worried. Glad I swapped em out for the yj ones
brakeline limiting straps
scaled.php

Last edited:
The shocks I used are RC shocks. They measure at:
Extended Length: 26.04 inches
Collapsed Length: 15.39 Inches

Extended Length: 25.82 inches
Collapsed Length: 15.42 Inches

Seems good for a 5.5 in the front and 4.5 in the rear. Am I wrong on this?

Also I grinded out the lower shock/upper front control arm bracket. It's flexing but not even close to what you guys are posting on here. WTF

And once again thanks for all the help. I'm new to this site but have found soooooo much good info on here it's seriously not even funny.

Last edited:
The napa brake lines are great replacements. I did the whole deal in about 2 hours. And I am a basic wrench turner, never bled my own brakes before etc.

They are ssoooo long. So you take some long micro springs and attach them up somewhere in the engine bay so they retain the line away from the tires and arms.

They are like 12 bucks a piece. My brake lines were actually limiting my down travel. Eek. They were basically holding the axle.

i see many jeeps where the stock upper control arms hit the uniframe and limit travel.
also, how much uptravel are you getting? those shocks sound too short to allow much in the way of droop with that much lift. i think that's about the size they reccomended for 3-4" of lift when i got my bilsteins.

I hope you have your sway bar disconnected when trying to flex it out.

Yeah my trac bar flexes well (with terraflex uppers and RE superflex lowers). If he is still rocking the stock one it could limit flex.

Back