• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noobfest '10-

Yep ill be there! Looking forward to it! Haven't wheeled with you guys in a long time. Tried to make it to NWFest last year but I had Drill and I deploy this March so wont make it to this years. So when and where are we meeting? Coming from Auburn, anyone wanna meet in the south end and convoy up?

So we`ll be leaving Bonney Lake at 6:30 to head there and who ever wants to convoy up there with us that`s fine just be ready and contact 98cherokeesport or me. We`ll be meeting an friend in Mt. Vernon at Denny`s for breakfast at 8:30

I know you were all holding your breath, I'm gonna make it to noob fest.

Can I bring a TJ with me? He's fun to watch.

Also I might bring my Mom along for this run, she has been hinting to go with for several years now. Her knees are getting bad so I might have to leave unexpectedly if she gets uncomfortable. Hopefully she's ok just sitting in the jeep.

So we`ll be leaving Bonney Lake at 6:30 to head there and who ever wants to convoy up there with us that`s fine just be ready and contact 98cherokeesport or me. We`ll be meeting an friend in Mt. Vernon at Denny`s for breakfast at 8:30

So we`ll be leaving Bonney Lake at 6:30 and meet up with anyone at the Auburn supermall walmart parking lot by gas station at 6:45 So be there if you want to convoy up there with us. We won`t wait around.

So my dad is coming along with me but i figured this is noobfest so I would let him take the wheel on this one and get some experience in and hopefully some motivation to lift his XJ. See you at WalMart!

CB Radio question... So ive had my CB wired straight to the battery and it worked for a while but now it wont work. Im sorry I don't know anything about electrical, I know it should be simple, theres only a red and a black wire. So where should I hook it up to? Ive heard some people wired to there cig lighter but I don't know what I'm looking for. I want to get it working for this run, would someone be able to help me out while im there? Oh yeah the fuse is fine. Thank you.

CB Radio question... So ive had my CB wired straight to the battery and it worked for a while but now it wont work. Im sorry I don't know anything about electrical, I know it should be simple, theres only a red and a black wire. So where should I hook it up to? Ive heard some people wired to there cig lighter but I don't know what I'm looking for. I want to get it working for this run, would someone be able to help me out while im there? Oh yeah the fuse is fine. Thank you.

Hook it up to the fuse box. You have power points there. Or if you want help Pm me you number and head up to Bonney Lake tomorrow and I`ll help you out. So what channel will we be running at Noobfest?

Does anyone who's coming to this shindig have a spare mech. fan shroud for an XJ they want to bring and sell me? OR a spare electric fan for an XJ? Or both? I have neither right now and would like to avoid any cooling problems.

Plus we`ll be meeting at the Bonney Lake Outlet store at 6:20 and leaving there at 6:30 for those that are heading from this area

i cant make it guys. something came up. plz let me know if you plan on going next weekend to Elbe. i wont let anything get in the way for that.
thanks,

Joe

Does anyone who's coming to this shindig have a spare mech. fan shroud for an XJ they want to bring and sell me? OR a spare electric fan for an XJ? Or both? I have neither right now and would like to avoid any cooling problems.

I'm not going to say I promote wheeling a rig when you know you have a problem...but I will say odds are we'll be stopping a lot so you should be able to stay on top of your cooling and such pretty easily. And due to the colder/wetter weather, I can't imagine you having an over heating issue so long as everything else is in check (other than the fan shrouds).

~Scott

Thanks everyone for showing us Wenatchee boys around Walker, had a good time and put some new dents on top of the old dents on ol' White Thunder. Hope everyone enjoys their Nitro and JT's schwag that Jeff brought over!

Ba-Riedo spanked that rock face on Express Way... looks like those new MT/R's do pretty good especially with only a few pounds of pressure. :D

I'm not going to say I promote wheeling a rig when you know you have a problem...but I will say odds are we'll be stopping a lot so you should be able to stay on top of your cooling and such pretty easily. And due to the colder/wetter weather, I can't imagine you having an over heating issue so long as everything else is in check (other than the fan shrouds).

~Scott

Yep, it was a non-issue all day. I wasn't too sure about it since I didn't have the elec. fan as well, seeing as how this rig came without A/C. I figured it would be a convenient time to find those parts wheeling with a bunch of XJ owners. I've wheeled my wrangler for years without a fan shroud and never had any issues, and I don't think my old XJ ever had one either (but did have the elec fan on a toggle) but ya never know.

Back