• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob wheel question

ksmithers88

NAXJA Forum User
tomorrow i'm getting some new 35x13.50 15LT bias claws for my rig, so obviously i know i need 15" wheels. But i cant seem to find any 15x13.50 wheels. I'm assuming the tire and wheel widths have to match...

help me out here fellas

also: i'll be on the hunt for some BW flares shortly after, on their website it says they only fit 88-96 models, yet i've seen people with 98 models with em, so do they fit any model, or will i have to do some trimming in order to get them on there?

Last edited:
Most people run 12.5" tires on an 8" rim. I'm not sure how a 13.5" tire would work on an 8" rim, but the widest rim I would go with is 10". I'm sure you'll get more opinions when the day shift comes on. JIM.

You can run a 12.5'' tire on a 7inch rim so you should have no trouble fitting a 13.5 on an 8. also with a wheel that wide you start to worry about breaking beads at low psi and the wheels catching on shit..

The widths are not supposed to match. Like they said, 8" will be fine. I am currently running a 36 X 12.5 swamper on a 10" rim, but 8" would probably be better.

Jake

With a 7" or 8" you may get tread bulge when aired up to highway pressure. That wont be a problem with 10" wheels.

The general rule of thumb that seems to work best is to have your wheel be about 4" narrower than your tire. Do some math and pick the closest wheel for you. You could go 8 or 10, myself I'd probably go 8 but others will say 10.

An 8" wheel is what you need. 7" is too narrow for a 13.50 tire, and you'll hate a 10" rim because it will pop beads too easily.

8".........no question.

X2 on 8"

Back