• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NON XJ 1997 4Runner pre-runner

Ok so I put the engine in....and.....it won't fire. WTF. Cranks...sounds like any other car trying to start. Has fuel....has air...and pretty sure it has spark. Need to test the coils when I get home today. Any thoughts? Most vac lines are hooked up...the important ones anyways...Fuel lines are hooked up. Plug wires are in the correct order. When I put the timing belt on I lined up the cams with the marks like in the FSM. Same with the crank shaft. FSM blows donkey BTW. I hit up Ted and got a "hmm...crazy" Yota talk maybe? Help me out here guys.

Ok.. brain fart. GROUNDS!!!! An engine needs GROUNDS!!! Thanks Ted.

So should I keep the yota and ditch the Jeep....or keep the jeep and ditch the yota?

depends on what kind of wheeling you like to do. for an all around fun machine can't beat the jeep. if you like to bury your foot in the desert and hate rock crawling like me then keep the yota :D

I love going fast. But I also love being able to go anywhere. Just seems like a lot of cash to make the jeep go fast and still be able to crawl. Damn...

Depends how fast you're trying to go. I've got maybe 1600 into the suspension (most of it was bought new, it can be done cheaper if you're more patient than I and find the deals) and it does pretty good in the desert. Once I get the bumpstops taken care of out back and the Prothane mounts done better up front, I'll be good. It won't keep up with purpose built go fasters, but it'll still crawl very well.

Got it running today. All I can say is wholly POO POO. I'll poat a vid up tomorrow during the day. Sounds like an ls motor. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back