• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NON XJ 1997 4Runner pre-runner

Peacefrog53

NAXJA Forum User
I'm selling this for my good buddy.

This is, or rather WAS a 97 toyota 4runner limited. I bought it 5 years ago and made it into a project race truck to race in the MDR 1450 class. I have TONS more information about it for people that are interested. Also, not to mention parts up the a$$. Here are the specs/informaton/ what included yada yada...

-Engage custom long travel kit (All chromoly with racing spindle, 2.5 x 10 king shocks (these are 2" larger than standard and the upper mounts are custom and extended from the stock tower in order to accomodate the travel), racing bearing, bushings, thicker rotors, and a racing hub with brand new bearings with longer and large race lugs) This setup was never put in any extreme racing situations since the rear end was never finished. So in short, its a very custom, nice and strong kit that has no wear and tear from offroading yet. The shocks were chosen to be 2.5 x 10 so that you could run a dual spring rate setup on it. Currently i have single springs.
-A set of beard racing seats with harnesses. Seats already installed and bolted into the in-cab roll cage.
-The roll cage was my pride and joy. It is made of MDR1450 spec metal and sizing. It is a 6 pt cage, welded through tight holes in the floor INTO THE FRAME. This isnt a cheesy no good frame. The primaries that run from front to back are one solid tube with at least 7 bends in each that meet the conture of the roof and side panels. This cage was left open without too many cross memers in order to allow freedom for creativity and completion.
-I also have a momo steering wheel with a quickrelease. This is not installed yet so you can decide to remove the steering column and put it in, or just leave the steering column and weld the quick release "male" part on. The current steering wheel is the stock one.
-I also have the hanammans wide front kit with 4 pin hood installed. I fell in love with the look and had it fitted.
-The motor was pulled out when I blew a head gasket. I opened the entire motor up and found that both my heads had small cracks. I decided to do a full motor rebuild. Freshly (compliments of toyota of orange) assembled block with a fresh engine block, new crank, new piston set, honed cylinders, two new cylinder heads, new rings, bearings, grease, etc. I also bought the doug thorley street legal headers for it. I have all the parts from the original motor if you want them. The truck currently has the original block still in it with a full set of pistons and crank and rods. (basically the bottom end). I put a LOT and I mean a LOT of money into building the new motor and want it to go with the truck. I might make exceptions but I'd like to sell everything as a package.

I'm parting it out for him unless I get what he wants for the whole truck.
I was told this suspension set-up will fit a newer Tacoma as well.

$9,000 for the whole truck

Ask about prices for parts. I would like to sell the suspension with the body, but money talks. The engine is not in the truck, so the truck is just a roller as of right now. I can install the engine if needed.

Engage posted this in the Tacoma Forum

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/engage-offroad/91461-1997-4runner-lt-yuri.html

Front.jpg

28115_893972130581_6021486_48550942_285098_n.jpg

40642_947380195391_6021486_50588822_1643884_n.jpg

28115_893972110621_6021486_48550939_6790702_n.jpg

28115_893972095651_6021486_48550937_5416250_n.jpg

2012-02-1295140849.jpg

Last edited:
Is it street legal/driveable? If so, any issues with the fuzz or parking with that wide front end?

Is it street legal/driveable? If so, any issues with the fuzz or parking with that wide front end?

Yes it is street legal. And registered i believe. No issues with the fuzz. It's actually just about as wide as the original Hummer H1. Lol. Trucks rides and drives great too. Parking on the Other hand is a little iffy. It is a wide front end but it will fit into a normal parking spot...

Looks like a lot of fun, too bad I'm broke and have a wife who won't let me accumulate vehicles...:D

Exact same Engage kit that was on my friends Taco.
DSC04317.jpg

DSC04316.jpg

Not trying to hurt your sale, Just dont like Engage. BTW that "4130" bushing sleeve is actually mild with the seam out.

would he sell just the motor? if so how much? I am about to tear into a buddy's 3.4 but there is a ton of water in the oil, the bearings are probably hosed so i might be better off swapping it out.

would he sell just the motor? if so how much? I am about to tear into a buddy's 3.4 but there is a ton of water in the oil, the bearings are probably hosed so i might be better off swapping it out.

He originally wanted 3k. But shoot me an offer. It's all brand new Everything. Ready to bolt up.

Back