• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no UFWDA stuff

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
I have not recieved my UFWDA stuff yet.I joined last year

I got a sticker and letter when I joined and haven't received anything else since. Has been over a year.

No newsletter, etc.

I didn't know we were suppose to recieve anything from them, or did I?

anyways...

I never got anything either and I just renewed my membership.

Um, the first contact should be our club at: [email protected] to verify your address is correct, etc... NAXJA submits the roster to UFWDA, then they send out the publication. I do not reccommend jumping up the chain of command based on some users post on our forums. While he might be trying to be helpful.... think about it for a few. :)

digger4u said:
Try E Mailing Kathleen at this address. [[email protected]]She is the office manager for UFWADA. She is also in my local club.

Back when I first joined NAXJA (early '00) and for my two-year tour as Recorder/Membership, NAXJA would send United (UFWDA) an updated roster and we'd pay the dues 2x/year (seems like Apr. & Oct. were the months.) United would pick the new folks on their roster, and these folks would eventually begin to receive 'The Voice' - United's newspaper.

United would send us enough stickers for the new members we added on, and in turn, we would mail them out to our Members. This always created a 'backlog' of folks due a sticker. My "fix" was to pre-order a hundred or so, and include when I sent out the NAXJA "Welcome" letters, membership cards, and our club stickers.

To be honest, keeping enough -of either sticker- in stock was a continual issue/headache for me... In fact, the Volume#1 Issue#1 NAXJA Newsletter was created as an adjunct to getting stickers mailed out to a large ### of new Members.
Sometime in the recent past, United began issuing stickers and their own welcome letters in-house.

Obviously there is some delay there... when folks join NAXJA "just after" we submit a roster update (May & Nov if we still submit names as above...) Several months could -& do- elapse before new Members' United sticker/'Voice' newspapers show up....however our Membership with United would begin (for the new folks) at the time of the update, and continues for one year past that... In other words, a Member who joins NAXJA the day after the update, wouldn't see anything for approx 6 months. But their Membership in United would extend for the full year (or two) past when their name was submitted.

One thing for folks who are missing United items, but have received your NAXJA items: Check and update your mailing address on the NAXJA roster. This info is what is used for NAXJA and United mailings. Also consider that unlike NAXJA, United uses bulk-rate mail, at least for their newspaper. I don't think USPS 'forwards' bulk rate. If you move & have a 'forward request' in force, you should get NAXJA's stuff (all mailed @ 1st class) after a time. [email protected] will help if you don't see anything in error on the club roster.

I know it's of no consolation to anyone, but I ("The Prez" at the time) went all last year without a Voice Paper :dunno: I didn't squeak soon enough, but once I did, we were able to get me back on their list with a correct address.

A solution (if it's a problem needing fixin) could involve increasing the frequency of submitting roster updates, and/or purchasing a restock of their stickers to include with the NAXJA sticker/card/welcome letter.

Woody

Thanks for the info. I joined up back in August, recieved my membership packet and later a NAXJA newsletter. Nothing from UFWDA yet. I'll give it a little longer.

Glenn, I didnt mean to try and jump up the chain of command, I'm just use to going direct to the source on UFWADA issues. Sorry for the screw up.
Thanx Digger

I hear ya. But we have people that interact with UFWDA. I imagine they would prefer it that way, rather than our individual members contacting them. That could get quite old for UFWDA.

Right on! Welcome aboard. Got good seat belts, I hope? :D

Oh!!! ok, Ive been hangin around here for about a year now so I know what you are talking about. I'd like to do some of your club runs but just didn't feel right, so I took the big jump.
Digger

I had already read about the two times per year thing with UF. But I am still waiting to see a NAXJA newsletter. Is there a such thing?

Back